Solarium Pool question

Don't laugh but look at my signature and you'll see why I'm asking. icon_biggrin.gif But is the Soliarum pool area and pool heated on the RCCL ships? I've been on two Royal Caribbean cruises and loved this area, but of course these were Caribbean cruises so this wasn't an issue but it would be nice to get in the pool on an Alaska cruise. icon_smile.gif

Next Cruise: Alaska - 2005!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

It most likely will not be heated by a “Heating Device†but when they pump the fresh water from the interior of the ship it will not be ice cold it will be it will most likely be around 77 degrees and naturally it will get colder since the surrounding air is very cold so they will I think empty it every night…I have never been on an Alaskan cruise but that is what I would do if I ran the ship.

Just got back from Alaska...the Solarium was quite cozy. The pool was being used, but we did not use it. We used the hot tub. Did not hear anyone say one way or the other about tempurature, but several folks sat on the edge later in the evening and dangled their feet in while they read.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Radiance of the Seas- 6/5/2004 *** Elation 11/2002

Just got back from the Radiance - yes, the pools are heated. The pool in the Solarium is the perfect temperature, plus it's long enough for mini-laps. If you get chilly at all, you can get out and hop right in the jacuzzi icon_smile.gif. I think the outdoor pool is heated, but people told me the Solarium pool was much warmer.

Radiance of the Seas - Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

You'll have no problem with the Solarium pools. The temperatures in the Solarium are certainly warm enough.

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Great, thanks!! I've been comparing cruiselines and their pros and cons. One more positive to sail on RCCL to Alaska! icon_cool.gif

Next Cruise: Alaska - 2005!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

Hello,

We were on the Radiance for a west coast cruise May 2003 and enjoyed the solarium jacuzzi every evening after 1st seating dinner.

Then January 2004 we were on the Radiance again and they had changed the solarium jacuzzi hours. It was closed every evening 8pm to midnight for cleaning. We were sad about that. The guest relations did not seem to know about this new policy. But they confirmed it. They advertised it open 24 hours. I asked if their cleaning schedule could be staggered. We were told that all RCCL ships adopted this cleaning schedule.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone noticed if this policy is still the same?

Cheryl

Just back from Alaska, Vision, the Solarium was delightful. The pool temperature was part of the ship info channel 32. They kept the temp at around 80 degrees, and they also included the temperature of the outdoor pool, and there were people using the out door hot tubs although I don't know how they were able to get out. It was at times a little cold on the deck. All in all it was one of the best cruises we've ever taken.

Enjoy your trip Alaska is a wonderful sight,

joag

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2002;11;09;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Grandeur of the Seas

I agree the solariums are lovely. The water was warm and the atmosphere was toasty warm for those cool sea days. It was my favorite place to hang out.

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Archived