Voyager vs. Silver Whisper November '05?

Island Cruiser

We are hooked on Voyager. But we are considering a November, 2005 Ft. Lauderdale/Ft. Lauderdale trip on either Voyager (11/28, 7 nights, Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk) or Whisper (11/21, 10 nights, Cosumel, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Grand Cayman). We know we will love Voyager. But we are considering Whisper this time because the trip is 10 days, the itinerary seems a bit more interesting, and we'd like, at some time, to compare the Radisson and Silversea products. We would very much appreciate the thoughts and recommendations of those who have experienced both Radisson and Silversea.

Specific questions. On casual nights, will "casual" apply throughout the ship including The Restaurant? That is the case on Voyager. Second, when dining in Le Champagne & Saletta on Whisper, are you required to purchase your wine? If so, how expensive are the wine selections? (If affirmative, this wouldn't be a deal breaker for us, but we find the policy odd.) Finally, if we select Whisper, we'll most likely go for a standard Veranda cabin. We DO want a deck. Veranda are available on decks 5, 6, 7 & 8. Do the decks matter at all?

Thanks very much for your input.

Pat

Yes, you do have to pay for your wine in those restaurants. Don't know the price because we didn't eat in them. Have been on all the Silverseas ships as well as all the Radisson ships. Major difference is the truly "all inclusive" feature of Silverseas. I don't think it matters which deck you are on, as long as you have a veranda. When its "casual" nite, its casual all over the ship. Both lines are fine. The 10 day thing to me is a real deal breaker. Glad to answer any specific questions. Maxine

Pat, you know I am a Radisson junkie. But I have sailed Silversea just once and consider it just like RSSC, except there is no bar bill at the end! That contributes to more socializing in The Bar on Silversea. I also liked the more "international" grouping on my cruise. Silversea seems to market itself outside the US. You have already cruised on RSSC. You will not go wrong on Silversea, in my opinion from my one cruise with them.

Archived