Explorer of the Seas 9/11/05

Dachshund Dad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry we are not going on your cruise...

But I wanted to stop in and say "HI" because of your name....

We are the proud parents of a Dachshund - "DUKE" who has been our pride and joy for over 5 years. Dachshunds are wonderful "kids" with such great personalities..... I'm sure your little one loves the heat of Florida, more than Duke hates the Winters in Colorado..... LOL He's ready to move South!

Take care.

Brad and Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brad & Eric!

Thanks for replying to my Queer post...

Duke must be a "smooth haired?!"

Our Webster is a smooth, snuggle-under-the-blanket boy. But Charley (yes, we dared take on another!) is the little "cub" of the family-- a long-haired black & tan-- always looking to chill (on the kitchen tile).

It's true, they have incredible personalities... and it takes special people to appreciate them.

I say we proclaim the Dachshund the new "It Dog!"

So there it is!

(PS: I know Whippets were a fad for a while, but c'mon!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greg & Patrick,

I know what you mean about our cruise being so far off in the future...

It's hard to muster patience knowing its going to be so much fun!

Too bad for our Gay reps on The Amazing Race, huh?

We were glad, though, that Meredith & Gretchen stayed in the running (despite her dentist drill voice...). David likes Rob (I despise his tactics), and I'm hoping Uchenna & Joyce win because of their attitude throughout, and because of Joyce's bravery with the head-shave fast forward. Besides, she looks awesome!

PS- Have you checked out "Showdog Moms & Dads" yet? Wonderfully horrifying!

• 1 month later...

Hello again Mark,

We did check out Showdog moms and dads but only watched it a few times. We thought it was really annoying! LOL

We are almost down to double digit days now! Getting more excited by the day.

Hope all is going well for you.

Greg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

Ok, ok, "Showdog" did turn out to be pretty irksome, but I endured it to the bitter end...

So now it's "Kept" and "Stripsearch"...

What's with Jerry's teeth? One minute they seem just fine, another she looks like a snaggle-tooth tiger!

Anyway...

I'm still waiting for Rachel Ray's Western Caribbean on $40/Day...

Can't wait!

--Mark

Hey Mark,

Yeah I agree...I think Rachel Ray could definately have a hit on her hands with that one!! I think she is great.

Stripsearch is a great show...I was really surprised. I expected it to be BAD!

Big Brother started tonight and we love it!!

Hope everything is going well.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys,

we are on a different cruise (explorer-11/27). last time we cruised there were actually "friends of dorothy" meetings scheduled on the daily planning roster in your room every night. usually around 6 pm in one of the lounges. we met several nice people, young and old and had a pretty nice time. so fear not, you brave 4, there will be others.........have a ball......wish we were on your ship at the same time. happy cruising.......

david and john

NO, I missed it!

What's the deal??

We were in Antigua two years ago and LOVED it. The people were so nice! We caught a cab at the pier and the driver took us to a beach across the island and waited on us there for four hours before driving us back to the ship ALL FOR $30! It was wonderful.

Did you get your docs yet?? You may have mentioned but I don't remember.

We are just a few weeks away from moving into our new house (the week we get back from the cruise!) and we have been trying to pack stuff up all weekend. I am thinking about starting to pack our swimsuits and other stuff we won't need until vacation.

Greg

You guys must be in stress city!

Moving and preparing for a cruise?!

I admire your serene post (and the fact that you're posting at all!).

Thanks for the input on Antigua!

I'm sure they'll rerun that show at some point, but here's the deal:

for lunch: Caribbean Taste-- fresh and prepared to order; afternoon coffee/gelato: Seabreeze Cafe--great al fresco setting and authentic Italian espresso and gelato; dinner either Mad Mongoose (Americanish seafood grill) or the victor on this show: Trappas, an Asian fusion place.

I hope I can get there soon! Jewel of the Seas goes there starting in November, but there's that pesky career/income obstacle! :mad:

Sending calming relocation vibes...

Thanks for the calm vibes Mark! We sure need it.

Patrick is in California on business this week too...so I am feverishly trying to pack the closets and kitchen cabinet contents this week by myself. I am on the verge of freaking out as the time to move draws near!! LOL

We will need a vacation after this next week or so.

I saw that your normal day to day work attire is a tux, what sort of work do you do?

Hope you are doing well,

Greg

Sorry Patrick can't be of much help from CA, but at least you get to throw out whatever you want from your closets and kitchen!:D

("Oh well, I guess it got lost in the move, dear...")

As for the tux at work, it's usually more often tails--I'm a musician (French horn) in the Naples (FL) Philharmonic, a pretty great little orchestra in a very rich small town that, fortunately, provides tons of $upport!

Anyway... remember, "Goodwill" is your best friend--they'll pick up and haul away practically anything!

Y'know, that is a great idea...he has some hideous silverware from way back that I think will be "lost"!! Thanks for that idea.

Wow, that is a cool job! And how wonderful that is to so well supported.

Only three weeks and we'll be ready to go!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg and Patrick,

I already posted this on the "main" board--the forecast for Miami is only a 30% chance of isolated showers tomorrow and Sunday, so flying in should be hassle-free.:)

Hope your cruise and move packing has been not too awful.

(Just be careful--you wouldn't want to lose anything:D...)

See you from our balcony:eek: I mean see you on board!

Archived