Where can I get a door poster

MattT

On many previous cruises, my family and I have seen some really neat door posters...I'd like to put one on our door for our upcoming Christmas cruise!

Any help is appreciated! 28 days until Adventure of the Seas Holiday Cruise! WooHoo!!! :)

I ran across a magnetic door sign when ordering my personal cards on line through Vista Print. I got the small one, about an 8" x 10" because I thought the large would be too big. I was able to play with the design and put our names on it. I would suggest putting either just your first names or just your last names (i.e., The Smiths). Since the doors don't hold magnets, I brought some tacky foam from Walmart and put a few pieces on the back. It's easy to take down with NO damage to the door. Then I put it away until we sail again.

For our December cruise, I also picked up some gel type window decorations from the Christmas dept at Walmart for our door and mirrors.

Do you tape it to your door? Do they allow you to decorate the door?:confused:

On every cruise I've been on (5), I've seen door posters. I figure you use tape or the sticky putty...what I really want is a christmas tree on a beach scene! Don't know if I can find that, but I'm gonna try!

You can also use magnets to hold your decorations.

Great use for those cheap advertisement magnets they give away.

Attach some sort of decoration like your pictures or a postcard, to magnet face to hide the advertisement. Also if on Princess there is the little shelf area outside your door for all sorts of things that aren't flat.

Don't forget you can also use the inside of your door for things like a magnetic hook to hold laynards, schedule, deck plans, notes to each other. Hope this helps.

If you could find something that you like for the door you can take a copy of that to a local sign shop and see if they can print it on wall graphic film. That is easily removable (peels off in seconds and leaves no glue on the door) like the "Fat Head graphics". That way the cruise line couldn't get upset, it leaves no marks or glue behind. But need a flat surface (no ridges), I'm not sure what the ships doors are like because I'm taking my first cruise March 2011.

I do have a side business that does that stuff like that and for a print 14" x 10", if all the art work is done, I could print them for $8.00 (not including postage) even with adding some lettering to it. I tried to attach your beach/christmas tree example but it would not let me attach it.

Archived