Just off the Oosterdam...did some great excursions

sueandbob

We traveled with another couple and we did different excursions so here is what we loved.

In Mazatlan went on the Estuary tour and it was great! You do not have to be a big bird watcher to enjoy the beauty of Stone Island and the birds and animals in the Mangrove channel. Captain Polo was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. Great day and well worth the price. At lunch the chicken was a better choice, fish was very dry.

In Puerto Vallarta we did the Catamaran snorkeling and private beach tour which was fun and worth the price. The food was a little weak and the crew was too aggressive in seeking tips at the end but overall the trip was great. We saw dolphins, a mother and baby whale, manta rays jumping out of the water....many fish snorkeling. They have an open bar but we are really too old to care about that. No 20-somethings on this trip!

Our friends did the Tequilla tour and loved it They learned a lot and tied one on.

In Cabo we got a private glass bottom water taxi and for $14 per person we got a 45 minute tour of the arches and rocks that separate the Pacific from the Sea of Cortez. He then dropped us off at the beach restaurant and agreed to pick us up in a few hours...and was there as promised so it was $14 well spent.

You can buy nice tee shirts on the beach for $10. each, and great straw hats and baskets... I talked him from $20 to $10 for a nice hat. Shopping in Cabo stores is not good so don't waste your time.

My friend got some beautiful earrings in Puerto Vallarta at a jewelry store...the price started at $120, for 2 pair but they paid $80 and they are really nice so talk it down. I wish I had shopped a bit there. Hope this is helpful!

Welcome back and shore excursion tips are always welcome. Thanks for the tip about the Mazatlan estuary trip. We liked the Mexican Riviera trip and will probably do it again and enjoyed our time walking in the central historic district of old Mazatlan the best. Next time going out to Stone Island and a water tour would be a great addition. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

We traveled with another couple and we did different excursions so here is what we loved.

In Mazatlan went on the Estuary tour and it was great! You do not have to be a big bird watcher to enjoy the beauty of Stone Island and the birds and animals in the Mangrove channel. Captain Polo was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. Great day and well worth the price. At lunch the chicken was a better choice, fish was very dry.

In Puerto Vallarta we did the Catamaran snorkeling and private beach tour which was fun and worth the price. The food was a little weak and the crew was too aggressive in seeking tips at the end but overall the trip was great. We saw dolphins, a mother and baby whale, manta rays jumping out of the water....many fish snorkeling. They have an open bar but we are really too old to care about that. No 20-somethings on this trip!

Our friends did the Tequilla tour and loved it They learned a lot and tied one on.

In Cabo we got a private glass bottom water taxi and for $14 per person we got a 45 minute tour of the arches and rocks that separate the Pacific from the Sea of Cortez. He then dropped us off at the beach restaurant and agreed to pick us up in a few hours...and was there as promised so it was $14 well spent.

You can buy nice tee shirts on the beach for $10. each, and great straw hats and baskets... I talked him from $20 to $10 for a nice hat. Shopping in Cabo stores is not good so don't waste your time.

My friend got some beautiful earrings in Puerto Vallarta at a jewelry store...the price started at $120, for 2 pair but they paid $80 and they are really nice so talk it down. I wish I had shopped a bit there. Hope this is helpful!

It would be interesting to see snorkeling fish. What kind of mask were they using?

We did the estuary tour a couple of years ago and it turned out to be one of the best excursions we've done in all our cruises. For those of you old enough to remember it felt like being on the "African Queen". I fully expected to see a drunken Humphrey Bogart jump out of the boat and start pulling us through the river. :D

Archived