Changing from Traditional to MTD ?

Euphemus

We recently (yesterday!) booked a Dec cruise on Enchantment OTS out of Baltimore.

Because we reserved so close to sailing, My Time Dining had already "filled up." We are in 6:00 Traditional, which isn't any kind of crisis, although we do prefer MTD.

I called Customer Service to inquire about changing but they said "no can do," and to talk to the Maitre D' once on board.

My question for those with any experience with this...I'm happy to wait until we board and go directly to the Maitre D' BUT what I was wondering is if anyone knows of any 'special magic' (office to call, person to speak to, secret handshake...) that may be able to get this done before we leave?

If it helps, were Gold C&A (not that this may help at all ;)).

Again, we're pretty easy going and this isn't going to ruin our cruise...but changing would enhance it!

Thanks in advance for any helpful insights!

Yes, we booked directly with RC so can speak directly to them w/o going thru a TA.

As I suspected, there doesn't seem to be any alternative except to wait until boarding...unless there's one of those "secrets they don't tell you" floating around that would change this before sailing. Again, we're not platinum, diamond, etc...so I imagine we have little pull beforehand...although this 12 day will add 2 points to out total, bringing us that much --> <-- closer to platinum.

Thanks for your insight and if anyone has any other advice...let me know.

Yes, we booked directly with RC so can speak directly to them w/o going thru a TA.

As I suspected, there doesn't seem to be any alternative except to wait until boarding...unless there's one of those "secrets they don't tell you" floating around that would change this before sailing. Again, we're not platinum, diamond, etc...so I imagine we have little pull beforehand...although this 12 day will add 2 points to out total, bringing us that much --> <-- closer to platinum.

It looks as if you'll have to wait until you get on the ship. When you get to your cabin upon boarding you should find a "Daily Bulletin" on the desk or on the bed. Take a look at it right away and you'll probably see something about dining changes and where you can find the maitre 'd. He spends a couple of hours trying to aid those that want changes to their diining preferences. I feel pretty sure that he'll get you changed. At any rate, give it a shot. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Please come over and join our roll call for this cruise. Would love to add your names.

Anyone sailing enchantment 12-27-10???--can't find you! Also, don't forget to sign up for the Meet & Mingle.

Once on board you can go to the MDR and check with the Maitre 'd about changes to dining times. They will either have their desk set up on Deck 4 or 5.

Thanks all, for your replies and insight.

As I suspected, we will have to wait until we board. No worries.

We had to change our dining time on our last RC cruise (this was before MTD) and we did this as soon as we got on board. While we got the change we were looking for, we also got just a little bit of huffiness from the staff member manning the desk...which I was hoping to avoid this time.

We just sailed on the EOS last week. I had originally booked the late seating with a TA. Shortly after I called and asked to be switched to MTD. He got back to me and said RCCL would put me on a waiting list and charge the daily service charge immediately. We remained on the waiting list up till the cruise. When we boarded, we went to the MTD podium outside the deck 5 dining room and asked to be switched. No problem. Switched us and took the reservation times for that night and the next. Enjoy your cruise.

Sounds like MTD is getting more popular. Haven't done it on RCI yet (did it on Princess, and it was okay, but didn't care for Princess in general). Is it normal for MTD to be waitlisted while Traditional dining is not?

Archived