Credit card rewards

hlb76

I have a credit card that lets me use reward points for Gift cards on Carnival. I have never done this before but thinking it might be nice to have a little slush fund when we get onboard.

Has anyone else ever used them for CCL? I sometimes wonder if these rewards are worth it.

Just do the math. I assume if you're getting at least 1% return on your purchases then you're doing fine. If not, you can easily get 1% cash back credit cards and spend the money on anything you want. For example, spend $10k on a credit card and your reward should be at least $100.

I have a Chase credit card and I have redeemed certificates to pay for our cruises. Right now we're saving points to redeem certificates to pay for our Med cruise. I just send them in to Carnival per instructions, I believe you could also turn them in at the customer service desk on board for obc, but not sure. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I do have a Chase card w/ about 8,000 points saved. I was just looking through the web site and saw I can get about $75 on credits. I know its not much but its my tips for the week. So I was thinking if its easy I will use them for that. Or save them for next year

Just be sure to read the fine print as to what they can be used for. I just redeemed for $400 in Carnival dollars. I waited because I knew that these dollars had to be used when first booking the cruise. However when I got them and went to use them to book my husband on our upcoming group cruise, I found out that you can't use them toward group bookings:mad::rolleyes: Never said that anywhere prior to me redeeming them, but sure enough, it was written on the back of the cert's. Just a head's up that the rewards you get may vary, along with how they can be used....

Not a huge deal for me, as I am a cruise addict and they don't expire til 2012, but would be awful for someone who can't cruise very often;)

We have a credit card that we use for everything possible so we can accumulate points. We then send off for $100 Carnival gift certificates and use them to make a booking. We can use as many as we want for the booking. On our cruise in July we redeemed $1100 worth of certificates, so our cruise cost very little. We like it because we are using our credit card anyway (we pay in full each month) and this is an added benefitL)

Thanks for the info. I do have a Chase card w/ about 8,000 points saved. I was just looking through the web site and saw I can get about $75 on credits. I know its not much but its my tips for the week. So I was thinking if its easy I will use them for that. Or save them for next year

8,000 points which I am assuming is $8,000 spent would be just under 1% redemption value to get you to $75. So that sounds pretty reasonable!

Archived