Luggage labels both ways????

TRIXON

:confused:We have just received our tickets and luggage labels, however the luggage labels are only for the outgoing journey.

Do we supply our own return labels?

I have querird this with our TA but they were not very sure and said we would be given them at the airport......surely they need to be tagged to leave the ship. We have always had labels both ways. Any help out there please???? :confused:

Your cabin steward will bring you colour-coded baggage labels on the next-to-the-last day of your cruise. The colour will depend on your urgency to disembark, i.e. an early flight, etc. The tags you just received are coded to ensure your bags get directly to your cabin. If you're flying to your port of embarkation do not put the Costa tags on your bags until you get off the plane, or better yet just before turning them into the Costa baggage people at the port.

Your cabin steward will bring you colour-coded baggage labels on the next-to-the-last day of your cruise. The colour will depend on your urgency to disembark, i.e. an early flight, etc. The tags you just received are coded to ensure your bags get directly to your cabin. If you're flying to your port of embarkation do not put the Costa tags on your bags until you get off the plane, or better yet just before turning them into the Costa baggage people at the port.

Right so put our own labels on the cases from Heathrow to Milan. We then have a coach journey to Savona.

Then just put the Costa labels on before boarding the ship.

This all seems weird to us. We usually put labels on that stay on til we get them in our cabin. Then coming home we have labels to put luggage out the night before departure then we dont see our cases until we get to the airport. We also find it starnge that our TA has booked a private taxi from Dubai port to the airport. We thoght there would be more passengers than just us two for that journey.

Perhaps there wont be a lot of English people on the cruise just as you have all indicated.

Anyway not long now and you will not hear from me until I return :)

Trixon, there seems to be a bit of confusion here. You're flying from UK to Milano so the airline will put tags on your luggage when you check them in at the airport. I suggested not to put the Costa tags on yet because they'll get torn up with the flight. I presume your coach trip to Savona is organized by Costa so then, after your arrival at Milano, remove the airline tags and put on your Costa tags (the ones you should have received along with your cruise documents/tickets). When your coach arrives at the Costa Savona cruise terminal, their people will take your bags from the coach and send them up onto the ship, and consequently into your cabin.

Thank you Capricruiser,:)

Everything to do with Costa is so vague. Why can't they be more explicit with directions and procedures.:rolleyes:

I am not thick but they do not make things clear at all.

Thank you again and hopefully we will have a good holiday???????:eek:

Archived