Latitudes Party?

pikabu

Hello,

I've read that there are Latitudes party on certain sailings only (probably the longer ones). I'll be on the Gem in January for a 10-night E. Caribbean cruise, does anyone know if this sailing has one? Does this past guest party apply to anyone who has sailed before, regardless of how many times? This would be only my 2nd ever NCL cruise. What goes on during these parties, how is it different from a Meet & Greet?

Thanks for the replies in advance, as always :)

pikabu

Hello,

I've read that there are Latitudes party on certain sailings only (probably the longer ones). I'll be on the Gem in January for a 10-night E. Caribbean cruise, does anyone know if this sailing has one? Does this past guest party apply to anyone who has sailed before, regardless of how many times? This would be only my 2nd ever NCL cruise. What goes on during these parties, how is it different from a Meet & Greet?

Thanks for the replies in advance, as always :)

pikabu

If you've used your latitude number from your first cruise you will get an invitation to the party in your cabin. Bring the invitation to the party (usually held on the first full sea day). They use the invitation to do prize drawings. They offer free drinks (champagne and rum punch), do the raffle prizes and tell you a bit about NCL and usually try to selll the future cruise rewards.

We also get invited to a silver and above meet with the crew with free drinks - last time only a dozen people turned up, we got 1 drink each and there wasn't anything special happening

On the other hand, the latitudes party was packed full and you handed in your invite on the way in and these were used in a draw for prizes ranging from drinks, bingo tickets and NCL merchandise plus spa treatments

Jan

when you book, make sure you use the same passenger number as your 1st cruise..the NP (new passenger) number becomes your latitude number after you finish your 1st cruise. you can find it on any emails or mailing form ncl, also. if you have an account on "my ncl" it will show your latitude number.

when you get to the cabin, your invite should be in your cabin with all the other papers. you must take that with you, to the party. hand it in to get into the drawings.

one of the parties had, what seemed like, 1/2 the passengers. it was crowded and they wouldn't take orders for any special drinks...just what drinks they had on the tray. others have said that they have been able to order different drinks. usually the captain and some of the crew will be there to do their talk. drawings for spa treatments, bottles of wine, etc. (old days it use to have drawings for a fee cruise)

when you become silver, the parties get better...nice wines, better snacks, officers having personal converstions with the party goers. much less people. DH doesn't drink, we may stop by to pick up a glass of wine for me...walk around and see what is going on, we don't stay long.

meet and greet can be anything from a few folks, from your roll call, sitting around talking to a big get together with coffee. ship officers and gift exchange. just depends on who plans it and how many show up.

we have never had a active meet/greet.

Archived