West Palm Beach Airport Question

RCFan60

Hi,

I just booked a 3 night Bahamas cruise on Majesty for 12/10 extending my stay from the 12/6 sailing. I had to change my return flight to Milwaukee and the cheapest option was to fly out of PBI.

I've rented a car from Alamo (cheap, cheap rate) and will be driving from their MIA location to PBI....anyone recently done this? I have plenty of time but am wondering how difficult/easy the directions/drive is. Looks like it's about 75 miles mostly on I95. Also has anyone taken the Alamo shuttle from the Port of Miami to MIA? If so, how did that work out? Was it easy, quick?

Any tips/info on picking up a car at MIA and driving to PBI very much appreciated...I'm by myself and just want to be prepared. Thank You!

and.........Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi,

I just booked a 3 night Bahamas cruise on Majesty for 12/10 extending my stay from the 12/6 sailing. I had to change my return flight to Milwaukee and the cheapest option was to fly out of PBI.

I've rented a car from Alamo (cheap, cheap rate) and will be driving from their MIA location to PBI....anyone recently done this? I have plenty of time but am wondering how difficult/easy the directions/drive is. Looks like it's about 75 miles mostly on I95. Also has anyone taken the Alamo shuttle from the Port of Miami to MIA? If so, how did that work out? Was it easy, quick?

Any tips/info on picking up a car at MIA and driving to PBI very much appreciated...I'm by myself and just want to be prepared. Thank You!

It will be an easy drive right up RT95. The PBI airport , along with the Alamo rental are just off the highway on Southern Blvd ( I think ). The only issue may be traffic, should take no more than 45-60 mins.

Hi,

I would not rush off the ship because traffic through Miami on a Monday morning rush hour can be very slow. But after that, it is a straight shot to PBI. There is an airport exit directly off of I95. Alamo is on Belvedere Rd at the same exit.

MIA is about 20 minutes cross town from the airport and then you have to double back to get on I95, but it's mostly expressway. Figure an hour once back on I95 plus traffic.

Archived