Which ruins to see in Belize?

mscooter49

Greetings all! We are new to cruising and want to save some cash and see the coolest ruins in Belize. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have heard many good things about the cruising public. Friendly, helpful and regular bathing. We are traveling the Liberty of the Seas departing12/5/2010. Someone said to wait to snorkel in Cozumel. Let us know what you think. Thanks for your help!! Scott & Gina.

the ride there took 2 hours by van and then another hour by fast boat for about an hour visit incl. lunch. Then the same back. This was thru Island marketing for $75 pp.

usually this is a great trip....but i do recommend doing this through the cruise line, problem is not all cruise lines do lamanai.

we had an hour bus ride, but the great tour guide kept this interesting...then a rest stop at the boat dock..an hour boat ride on comfortable boats (padded seat with backs). stops several times for wildlife viewing / local fisherman in dugout canoe.

at lamanai, we did the tour 1st and lunch after. the site is outstanding!!!

the trip back was quicker since we got back only 15 mins before last tender (since is was NCL tour, no problems they would have waited)

http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/mayan/mayasites.html

600292707_returntorestarea.jpg.111a1e9e794bfd5051b67487772aa27d.jpg

204011062_aroundanotherbend.jpg.5d62ea4a45f171b08a74966144d4043c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would not book a ruins without going through the cruise people. Last year we did Lamani...it was fabulous. The highway is 2 lanes and can get jammed. Our tour guide kept getting calls from the ship asking when we would be back. Many trips were canceled that day due to heavy rain. The ship waited for us but would not if we had contracted privately. And I do private tours around the world...even in Russia. But not Belize.

Archived