Transportation from Cape Liberty to Newark Airport

cookie1961

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be heading to a cruise to Bermuda in May 2011. We will likely book our own flights, as Choice Air is more expensive than booking alone. When I spoke to an agent with Celebrity today, he indicated that we could purchase transfers to and from Cape Liberty for $28 (CAN) per person. Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a cab from the airport to the pier and vis versa?

Thanks so much :)

There are a number of factors that come into play when going from Newark Airport to Cape Liberty. For 2 people the cruise transfer cost is roughly the cost of a cab/car service to the port. Generally we recommend prearranging a car service like Black Executive Cars. The advantage to a car service is that you will go directly to the port and not have to find the cruise transfer and wait around until the vehicle is filled. I would definitely ask Celebrity if the transfers pick you up at the terminal or if you have to take the monorail to P4 for the pickup.

The same considerations apply for the return trip. However, there is also a shuttle option back to Newark Airport for $15/pp which drops you at P4 where you take the monorail to your terminal. This can save you some $$$, but you will have to roll your luggage a bit. It is a luggage friendly process. Take a look at the Newark Airport map to see what I mean.

What times are your flights? If you are coming in on an early flight, IMO the car service would work better for you because the cruise transfers might not really get going before noon.

Thanks 138 east. We haven't yet booked our flights but we are really considering staying in NYC for a couple of nights before the cruise, so getting to the port from the airport might not be that important. Our flight after the cruise will leave at about 1:30 pm or later.

138 east where can you take this shuttle back to the airport? Do we need tickets prior or can we just get them at the port prior to the trip back to the airport?

Would it be easy to get a cab from the pier to the airport? If yes, how much would that be and would we need to take the monorail as well?

Thanks so much. I really do appreciate your help :)

Teri

Thanks 138 east. We haven't yet booked our flights but we are really considering staying in NYC for a couple of nights before the cruise, so getting to the port from the airport might not be that important. Our flight after the cruise will leave at about 1:30 pm or later.

138 east where can you take this shuttle back to the airport? Do we need tickets prior or can we just get them at the port prior to the trip back to the airport? You can decide to take a shuttle the day you arrive. These are vans and they just fill them up with folks and take off to the airport.

Would it be easy to get a cab from the pier to the airport? If yes, how much would that be and would we need to take the monorail as well? Cabs should be available at the port. However, most folks seem to prefer a car service. Cost is $50-$55 plus tolls and tip. Either a cab or a car service would take you directly to the terminal.

Thanks so much. I really do appreciate your help :)

Teri

If you go to NYC, transportation back to the port will be more expensive and you definitely would want to book a car service for this trip. You can check these two NY car services for prices

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com/

Carmel Limo http://www.carmellimo.com/

One way to reduce this cost other than taking public transportation would be to buy a round trip airport bus transfer to NYC for $25/pp and return via the airport to take a cab or car service to the port. This would cost about $110 + NYC cab fares to get from the airport to NYC and back to the port.

Archived