Average Age

cds62

I don't want to offend anyone, but what seems to be the average age of passengers on the QE2? My wife and I don't necessarily want a party ship, but we also don't want something that is too laid back where we become bored. Another questions is how many nights are "formal" on the eastern cruise and by "formal" do they mean a tux or a suit and on the non-formal nights are jackets and ties required?

Hello there .The average age tends to be over 50 from my experience, but really there can be a broad spread . Dress codes tend to be formal , dinner jackets(Tuxedo) for the formal nights although a dark suit can be worn, and when we were last on in November there were 2 formal nights per week. The majority were wearing dinner jackets. As to the informal nights , they are jacket and tie and they then have a couple of nights where you dont need to wear a tie . I think the dress code is part of the appeal of cruising with Cunard.Have a good cruise

I've done a few trips on QE2 and would say all ages from late twenties to a hundred odd are fairly well represented. The majority of passengers are probably 50+ but there are also a lot of younger people too.

QM2 I found had a lot older clientelle.

Hi,

Everyone has given good feedback and I agree totally. They have the Cunard ConneXions program in partnership with Oxford University and they have actors/actresses from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts doing a variety of acting, theatre appreciation classes. The afternoon tea is divine. But, there is also a lot of fun stuff to do, too. Lots of options for people who like to enjoy themselves, learn something and who enjoys a bit of tradition and sophistication.

Things are country club casual during the day and more formal at night. It isn't as casual as some of the other cruise lines and people really like to dress for the formal nights. It is for those who appreciate the finer things in life - no matter what their age! Think more ocean liner than cruise ship....

Best Regards,

Julia

I don't want to offend anyone, but what seems to be the average age of passengers on the QE2? My wife and I don't necessarily want a party ship, but we also don't want something that is too laid back where we become bored. Another questions is how many nights are "formal" on the eastern cruise and by "formal" do they mean a tux or a suit and on the non-formal nights are jackets and ties required?

It's hard to let go of that vacation aboard the QM II - this must be my 6th posting tonight. I really do have to unpack! Anyway, I found the broad range of ages and attitudes delightful. I was surprised by the number of truly elderly and/or disabled-so many scooters and hoverounds. The ship is so tremendous that it had to be difficult for them to get around, but they never complained and seemed to be everywhere. There were all ages on board the ship. And I mean all ages. There were quite a few large family reunions and friends reunions. There were many teenagers, which would indicate their parents (possibly 40s or 50s) were on board, too. There were also quite a few younger families and couples. I met people from Texas, Connecticut, Australia, England, Romania, New York City (and it's 5 boroughs and several islands), Ireland....rich, richer and poor. I think every age, economic situation and ethnicity was represented on board that beautiful vessel. Every personality from stodgy and high falutin to friendly and funny. That's exactly what I was hoping for and got. I do believe you get out of an experience what you put in. Have an open mind and expect a wonderful trip.

We did a 19 day Med cruise on the QE2 last fall. There were 5 formal nights- everyone in tuxes and formalwear. All other nights were jacket and tie for men and dressy for women. It's part of the enchantment of the trip. We found the passengers to be older than we expected, but probably due to the length of the trip. Lots of seventy and eighty-somethings. But still plenty of younger folks and everyone had a great time.

Archived