Size and Description of Disabled Mini Suite

Lady Curious

:confused: Can anybody tell me what is the size and configuration of a disabled Mini Suite on one of the Jewel Class ships, please?

Looking to book on the Jewel in the next few days and would like to know this information so we can determine which room would be best suited for us.

Are there doors on the shower? How much vanity space is around the sink? Is the balcony larger?

Would having the buffet or outdoor restaurant above us create any problems or excessive noise?

Are there any "perks" for a mini suite as opposed to a regular disabled balcony cabin?

Is there any boarding privileges or special breakfast or lunch venues available for mini-suites?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

:confused: Can anybody tell me what is the size and configuration of a disabled Mini Suite on one of the Jewel Class ships, please?

Looking to book on the Jewel in the next few days and would like to know this information so we can determine which room would be best suited for us.

Are there doors on the shower? How much vanity space is around the sink? Is the balcony larger?

Would having the buffet or outdoor restaurant above us create any problems or excessive noise?

Are there any "perks" for a mini suite as opposed to a regular disabled balcony cabin?

Is there any boarding privileges or special breakfast or lunch venues available for mini-suites?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

To my knowledge, and I have double checked this on the deck plans currently posted for the Jewel (assuming all of the others in the class would be pretty much the same) there ARE no accessible mini-suites, just go up to balcony level. The only ships with accessible full suites are Star and Epic. This has been a major gripe of mine with Star before they did the suites conversion to Deck 12. I prefer a mini-suite for the space differential over a balcony, but they don't have accessible minis. (At least now they do have two accessible AJ/SJ suites).

Accessible staterooms do NOT have doors on showers, the entire bathroom is a shower. (Roll in). I have stayed below the dining venues before. You CAN hear chairs being scraped occasionally, but I tend not to be in the stateroom at that time anyway, so was never much of a distraction for us.

On NCL, mini-suites do not have any perks other than the larger space and the tub in the bathroom (though accessible staterooms do NOT have tubs, either). They are really just deluxe balcony cabins, for want of a better term.

I wish, as do most of us who need accessible staterooms, that there were more of them available, including mini-suites, but there just aren't. If you don't book 12-18 months in advance, your chances of getting any kind of accessible stateroom diminish quite a bit. Just the facts of life, unfortunately.

On the Gem, AG Aft although you can't tell there is the handicapped icon - they have a description of mini suite-accessible. That description is gone if you switch to after April 29. I had heard form my daughter who works on the Gem that there were accessible mini-suites, as I was looking to take my mother on a cruise. I don't know this from personal experience.

Archived