Question about RCCL Voyager of the Seas and the Adventure Ocean Club - almost 3

TorchRedStang

My wife and I are taking the Voyager of The Seas out of Galveston in a few weeks for the third time and are very excited. This is the first time we have taken our daughter on this ship. We set sail six weeks before her third birthday and I was wondering if anyone had expirience sucessfully enrolling their "almost three year old" in the AO program. She is fully potty trained and is currently in the 4 year old class in her pre-school because she is very mature for her age. We don't want to put her in the program the whole week but we also want some time to ourselves.

Anyone have any tips or success stories?? We have taken her on a Carnival cruise before and we were aware of their policy and I made the mistake of assuming RCCL would be the same.... oops. Thanks in advance for any advice regarding this. I understand that we can have in-room babysitting but that isn't fair to her as we would rather her be doing something fun and constructive with other kids.

Royal Caribbean's policy is three years old and completely potty trained to be able to be left in Adventure Ocean. I'm sorry, but your "almost three year old" and completely potty trained child will NOT be allowed into the program. This is what their liability insurance says is the limit and they are VERY strict about following it. They have a manifest of all passengers and know the ages and birthdates of all who are going to be onboard. Sorry.

Royal Caribbean's policy is three years old and completely potty trained to be able to be left in Adventure Ocean. I'm sorry, but your "almost three year old" and completely potty trained child will NOT be allowed into the program. This is what their liability insurance says is the limit and they are VERY strict about following it. They have a manifest of all passengers and know the ages and birthdates of all who are going to be onboard. Sorry.

This is what I know to be true as well... although no firsthand experience.

Just curious now that they are adding nurseries to their ships (looks like most ships will get them in the near future) might affect there "strict" stance on this. Clearly their insurance would now have to include everyone 6 months and older on at least 4 ships so far (Oasis, Allure, Splendor, Enchantment).

To the OP, go with the expectation that the rules will be followed VERY STRICTLY (I have heard even if they turn 3 DURING the cruise they won't let them in, it is the age that the start the cruise that they go by). Then when you get there, check with them and see. This way you won't have any unrealistic expectations and won't be disappointed when they most likely tell you no. By the way... what sailing will you be on?

That's what I was worried about, thanks for your input. I was hoping that when we get on the ship we could talk them into letting her in since it was so close but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Camlott, looks like we will be passing eachother on the pier! I am on the January 2nd through 9th sailing and it looks like you are on the 9th through the 16th! Enjoy it, this is by far my favorite ship ever. I have been on the Conquest 6 times and it doesn't even compare to the Voyager. I actually went on the Voyager's fourth sailing back in 1999 when it sailed out of Miami. Over the ten year time span before I went on it for the second time last February I had been on 17 other cruises and while I enjoyed almost all of them I couldn't help but think of the Voyager. When I finally got to go on the Voyager again last year it was even better than I had remembered. Make sure you get a ticket to the ice show as soon as you get on the ship to guarantee you a seat and I would recommend checking out Johnny Rockets at least onece..... mmmmmm i can't wait for those onion rings!!

Think of it this way: They must adhere to the 3-year minimum or every single parent of a "very mature potty-trained almost 3-year old" will expect their child to be admitted. They just can't make exceptions, no matter how nicely you ask.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I'm sure you'll have a memorable time.

beachchick

Archived