This might be a dumb question... (waiting time after boarding)

Past brides or anyone who has been on a cruise wedding at the Port of Embarkation, what do the guests do between the time they get on the ship and the wedding? If guests have to be at the port at 10AM and the wedding doesn't start until 1:30 (the time the wedding coordinator I spoke with told me would be for the wedding I haven't booked).. that just seems like a long time to do nothing. Thanks

exactly what the other 2 posters said. keep in mind it will take some time for the entire group to actually go through the boarding process. from what i've read - it would be about 11-11:30 before everyone gets through? during that hour or two between, the guest can explore the ship and help themselves to the buffet on the Lido deck (assuming you pay the $10/per person for nonsailing guests to eat?). If you didn't pay...not sure how anyone would distinguish them from sailing guests? But that's what I've read. I'm sure the time in between will go quick!

exactly what the other 2 posters said. keep in mind it will take some time for the entire group to actually go through the boarding process. from what i've read - it would be about 11-11:30 before everyone gets through? during that hour or two between, the guest can explore the ship and help themselves to the buffet on the Lido deck (assuming you pay the $10/per person for nonsailing guests to eat?). If you didn't pay...not sure how anyone would distinguish them from sailing guests? But that's what I've read. I'm sure the time in between will go quick!

....shhhhhh....

I hear that you just tell your guest to remove their 'guest name tag' before they hit the buffet, and the no one will know they are non-sailing. They can then eat for free until their hearts content!

... but you didn't read this from me! ;)

I was a guest at a wedding a couple of years ago. We arrived at the terminal at 10:00 am and didn't board until around 11:30. Most people in the group used that time to take pictures of the ship and each other, did a little shopping in the booths set up and just relax and catch up. Once we all boarded we headed up to the Lido deck for food (I know there was some non-sailing guests, but I can't remember if they ate as well) and then after eating, a group of us went down to book our excursions (it was our first cruise, had no idea about independent excursions or even booking in advance!) and others explored the ship taking pictures.

By then it was time for the wedding! Then the ceremony happened, they did some group pics, the guests left, and then they took family and wedding party pics while the guests went to the reception site at the other end of the ship. And from there on it was party time!! Although I remember not knowing it was an open bar until it was too late. lol.

The only issue we had with the wait was that some of the kids were getting bored because they were all dressed up and not allowed to play etc. I think arranging some quiet activities for them would be nice. Colouring books, nintendo ds' etc.

Archived