Just back from the Dream

mikkire

Had a great time. Nice ship, great staff, only thing I couldn't stand was Tom in the piano bar.

i was on the dream on 27th nov...i had a great time too..never went to the piano bar...these because dont like smell..of smoke..

Have any pictures or tips to share? Going next week! :D

If you're a past cruiser, make sure to mention this to your room steward and ask what day is the party. I hear many people don't get their invitations. Also get to the party early. It's in the main show theatre (Encore) and it packs out.

Also, remember that the farewell party (free drinks) is on the last afternoon, I believe it was 5:00 in the burgundy lounge. They only mention this once on the first day of the cruise and many people miss it.

Three of the shows are a "don't miss", Get Ready on night Sunday, Dancing in the Street on Tuesday, and the Holiday show on Friday afternoon with all the kids from camp carnival.

If you're looking at having pictures done, book a session with the photographer. You won't have to stand in the lines and it's free.

We were on 2 weeks ago, usually the piano bar is a favorite but found Tom to be rather dull, to be nnice about it.

The piano bar has always been one of our favorite places on the other ships, but Tom has no personality, his song list is somewhat limited as well as his vocals, and the only upbeat things he knew was tv theme songs.

He reminded us of a Rod Stewart wannabe. lol

If you're a past cruiser, make sure to mention this to your room steward and ask what day is the party. I hear many people don't get their invitations. Also get to the party early. It's in the main show theatre (Encore) and it packs out.

Also, remember that the farewell party (free drinks) is on the last afternoon, I believe it was 5:00 in the burgundy lounge. They only mention this once on the first day of the cruise and many people miss it.

Three of the shows are a "don't miss", Get Ready on night Sunday, Dancing in the Street on Tuesday, and the Holiday show on Friday afternoon with all the kids from camp carnival.

If you're looking at having pictures done, book a session with the photographer. You won't have to stand in the lines and it's free.

This will be my first cruise so I'm not a past cruiser :(

Are all drinks free on the last day, including alcohol?

No, the farewell party is on the last night of the cruise from 5-6pm. The drinks selection is limited and not as varied as the past guest party.

The only drinks you pay for are sodas, specific juices from the bar service, and alcoholic drinks. The lido has better selection of juices at breakfast. I love the pasoguava (passion fruit guava) and apple......

We just got off on Saturday too! It was a fun cruise (even though the weather was not the best!) I thought the ship was great! I completely agree about the piano bar & smoke smell. It was SO horrible that we didn't even attempt to go inside. That was a HUGE turnoff. We must have been amongst the very few that didn't care for Butch and "Baby Butch." A little too dorky & annoying. The pasta bar was one of our fave places, it was empty almost the entire trip! I think the main complaint I would have is the fact that they don't provide different juices (like the ones at breakfast) for the entire day. When you pay full price for a toddler, the least they could do is provide something besides tea and lemonade for them to drink. Those aren't really great options for toddlers. I ended up just taking extra juice to our cabin refrigerator every morning so my DD(2) could have some throughout the day. That was not a big problem for us but we did see others standing at bars with sippy cups begging for free juice:D:rolleyes:!

We just got off on Saturday too! It was a fun cruise (even though the weather was not the best!) I thought the ship was great! I completely agree about the piano bar & smoke smell. It was SO horrible that we didn't even attempt to go inside. That was a HUGE turnoff. We must have been amongst the very few that didn't care for Butch and "Baby Butch." A little too dorky & annoying. The pasta bar was one of our fave places, it was empty almost the entire trip! I think the main complaint I would have is the fact that they don't provide different juices (like the ones at breakfast) for the entire day. When you pay full price for a toddler, the least they could do is provide something besides tea and lemonade for them to drink. Those aren't really great options for toddlers. I ended up just taking extra juice to our cabin refrigerator every morning so my DD(2) could have some throughout the day. That was not a big problem for us but we did see others standing at bars with sippy cups begging for free juice:D:rolleyes:!

Just off this cruise as well. And no, you're not alone about Butch and his sidekick. Baby Butch? Come 'on, at least call yourself Lil' Butch or even get your own identity. But Baby??

We were fortunate enough to sail the Dream when Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman was the CD. It was our first cruise and his accessibility really helped make our trip.

Also, we couldn't agree more about about smoke in the Piano Bar area. We were really looking forward to spending an evening or two in that area but the smell drove us away...far away.

Overall, it was a beautiful ship and a memorable cruise.

Sorry Butch:D! Lose the gimmick cause your are an awesome director with a lot of good energy;):p I just received a friend request from Butch and feel a little like a jerk for the insult! Just thought I would make it clear that they did a great job keeping everyone in a vacation mood, just didn't care for the personas.

Archived