Bahamas at New Years

ugagal07

We will be in Freeport 12-7 on New Year's Eve and Nassau 8-10 on New Year's Day.

I had planned to go to Taino Beach and walk to Smith's Point for snacks in Freeport and got to Junkanoo Beach and Fish Fry at Arawak Cay in Nassau.

Will things be open and working with New Year's coming into play or should I try and plan something a little more structured?

No experience just yet- but we may be on the same cruise ship!!!- I leaving out of Jacksonville- I am still looking for something for New Years in Freeport but I have booked for Atlantis in Nassau on New Years day. I decided to go with the comfort suites- since it appeared that we are there in port almost 14 hrs- and I was able to get a rate of about $174.00 , which allows full access to Atlantis

We will be in Freeport 12-7 on New Year's Eve and Nassau 8-10 on New Year's Day.

I had planned to go to Taino Beach and walk to Smith's Point for snacks in Freeport and got to Junkanoo Beach and Fish Fry at Arawak Cay in Nassau.

Will things be open and working with New Year's coming into play or should I try and plan something a little more structured?

Everything in Freeport is open as normal on New Year's Eve. Nothing special goes on until evening time, just like in most places. Plan as for any other day.

• 2 years later...
No experience just yet- but we may be on the same cruise ship!!!- I leaving out of Jacksonville- I am still looking for something for New Years in Freeport but I have booked for Atlantis in Nassau on New Years day. I decided to go with the comfort suites- since it appeared that we are there in port almost 14 hrs- and I was able to get a rate of about $174.00 , which allows full access to Atlantis

Hi, did you call Comfort Suites directly? We I'll be there for New Years Eve and wondering whys the best way to go to Atlantis.

Archived