HELP my cruise cancelled

hlb76

Well looks like we wont be sailing in Splendor on 2/6/11. I am so sad. I was really excited for this cruise and being able to spend time w/ family for Cali. pre-cruise. I was excited to be on board for my son's 16th b-day.

Now back to the drawing boards booking another cruise. Hopefully I can still get time off from work and find flights and hotel.

Anyone have suggestions of what to look for now?

Anyone been cancelled before and can offer advice on what to expect with CCL?

Well looks like we wont be sailing in Splendor on 2/6/11. I am so sad. I was really excited for this cruise and being able to spend time w/ family for Cali. pre-cruise. I was excited to be on board for my son's 16th b-day.

Now back to the drawing boards booking another cruise. Hopefully I can still get time off from work and find flights and hotel.

Anyone have suggestions of what to look for now?

Anyone been cancelled before and can offer advice on what to expect with CCL?

We were booked on that cruise. We bailed several weeks ago. Booked Dream. PVP got ES fees waived.

Figured Carnival would extend dry dock time.

Sorry to hear about all the people who are not going to go on their expected cruises.

We we in the same situation as you, sailing on Splendor Dec 26th for the New Years Eve cruise.

Our solution was to rebook on The Spirit out of San Diego, so it would be close to Los Angeles. We had 7 cabins with relatives flying in from out of town, and kids with time off of school.

So we had to stick with the same dates, because changing them would open up a hole can of worms.

Be patient with the people at the Carnival call center, they are going to be bombarded today. They took a long time with our many changes, but did work hard to take care of us.

I hope you get it worked out.

:)

Look for a 7 day cruise between mid Jan and Mid Feb, you're price protected for those dates. Given that Splendor is cheaper then most 7 day cruises you should be able to find some good deals.

Now THAT'S something sure to be appreciated!

Look for a 7 day cruise between mid Jan and Mid Feb, you're price protected for those dates. Given that Splendor is cheaper then most 7 day cruises you should be able to find some good deals.

Price Protected? My brain is fried tryingt o figure this all out while being so heart-broken. I should of known better but no since in beating myslef up over it now. I assumed 3 months was ample time! Well it's true what they say about asuming!

It will all work out if its meant to be. It's just hard to swallow right now during the weeks before x-mas its not like I dont have enough on my plate.:(

WE switched to jan 3rd on the spirit,from splendor dec 5th,mariner goes out of la?,and sails to mexico;)

I think that RCCL pulled the Mariner of the Seas from its Mexican Itinerary...something about cost effectiveness!

I am looking at booking something out of Florida around the same time as our Splendor cruise was set to leave. ...which will mean changing our entire vacation...completely...but we'll see.

I emailed my PVP this morning and she emailed me back to say she's super busy but will call soon.

Be patient with the people at the Carnival call center, they are going to be bombarded today. They took a long time with our many changes, but did work hard to take care of us.

I hope you get it worked out.

:)

Like Biere said, try to be patient. We were set to sail on the 12/19 Splendor sailing - getting married on the ship on embarkation day! The day we heard it was cancelled we jumped on the phone first thing with Carnival to try to re-book on the Spirit. We were on the phone for 4 hours trying to rebook 6 cabins - which turned into 7 cabin since we needed 2 triples and they were not available. There were some pricing hicups along the way, but we were just anxious to keep our original wedding sailing date. We got them booked on the Spirit that morning, but called back later that night because the pricing didn't make sense. They did make an error and we actually got a credit back from them. All in all we were on the phone with Carnival for about 6 hours that day. They made right by us.

4 days till our sailing...and wedding!

Would you mind explaining this more? I am sorry, I am not understanding how this works? :(

Sorry about the cancellation, but I would look into cruises out of Flordia on the 6th. I know we return on the 6th on the Freedom into Ft. Lauderdale however I think when it leaves the 6th it's for a 6 night cruise not 7. With Sunday departure I also think that the Valor leaves out of Miami on Sundays as well. I would see whats out there at still cruise while you already have the vacation booked . . .and get out of Minnesota in the snow as you planned.

I'm so sad too! I don't know what we're going to do - as it's all on my father-in-laws plate. I guess it's good that I don't have to worry or stress about it - but - I almost wish it was my responsibility so I could just take care of it now instead of waiting for him. Oh well. I guess I will just be patient and feel grateful that they are taking us on a cruise. I just wish I had a countdown to look forward to (especially a 52 day one). I really need a vacation.

Would you mind explaining this more? I am sorry, I am not understanding how this works? :(

Unlike the original cancellations where they just promised a refund, this time Carnival has promised price protection as well.

My interpretation would be if you booked the same or similar category on another ship during the period specified or a later cruise on the Splendor, you will get it for the price you originally paid for the cancelled cruise. This will be of great benefit to anyone who booked and ES or other rate not available for another ship as they won't have to pay more to cruise.

Again this is only my interpretation, contact Carnival for details.

Our PVP from Carnival called us today since we were cancelled also (2nd time). We had been booked on 12/12, then we moved to 1/30. She told me we could pick any other week for a 7 day cruise on the Splendor and we would be moved straight across, (if rooms were available). We were booked on 1/30 in Spa Balcony room. She moved us to March 14 week, which is our spring break, spa balcony room, no extra charges, even though that particular week is now twice what we have paid for the 1/30 sailing. Since this is our 2nd Splendor cancellation we will also have $200 OBC.

She said if we pick another ship through some date in February (can't remember exactly, sorry) it would be the same deal. Last cancellation we didn't have that option, we had to pay for difference in fare. Price protection = straight across the board, if rooms are available, balcony to balcony, ov to ov, etc., with no price increase even though the price listed now is higher. The price you paid is honored.

Found my letter - price protected on any 7 day Splendor voyage

or price protected on any other Carnival voyage from 1/15 - 2/13/11 OR

25% discount certificate for future cruise. You can pick one choice if you decide to rebook on Carnival. Good luck with your plans!

We jumped ships and are now sailling the Glory out of Florida for the same dates. I think we managed to switch everything straight across the board cost wise except for our airfare which jumped up a bit. Thankful it's all working out though and our countdown hasn't changed!:D

Archived