St. John on your own?

AdrieneAGD

Hey everyone -

Can someone please describe, in vivid detail, the best way to get to St. John on your own from St. Thomas? I'm talking like, what do we do once we get off of the ship in St. Thomas?

Also, after you get to St. John, how is the best way to get to Cinnamon Bay? We've heard it's one of the quietest and most beautiful beaches on St. John.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Get off ship and tell cab dispatcher that you want to go to Redhook ferry.Take ferry to St.Johns.Tell cab dispatcher you want to go to Cinnamon Bay.Ferry runs on a shedule (someone will post it shortly I'm sure).Make sure you leave enough time to get back! Coming back we took the ferry back to Charlotte Amalie and got a cab from their back to the ship after some shopping around.

Take cab from pier to Red Hook and get on Ferry to St John - They run every hour starting at around 9:am

Take a taxi to Cinnamon. I would make arrangements to be picked up as I don't know how many "taxi" drivers go that far out unless they already have a fare.

We are also doing STJ on our own in April, but will go to Hawksnest which is the first beach out of Cruz Bay and just before Trunk. Also, leave enough time to go back to CBay and walk around. Nice places to have a drink or two before heading back to ship. Also, good restaurants in the area for lunch or snacks.

There are also Ferries from Charlotte Amalie, but they do not run as often and take longer and can be a rougher ride. The ferries arrive at the same dock for both CA and Red Hook.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We did this last summer while sailing the Mariner. We were one of the first off the ship. Taxis are waiting as you come off. As mentioned above, go to Red Hook and catch a ferry. Our driver called over to St John and they were waiting for us as we got off the ferry. Our driver was Puff Daddy. The open air taxi was great complete with island tunes. The drive on the north shore is amazing. He stopped at views for pictures. Then we got to Trunk Bay just as they opened the ticket booth. We had the entire beach to ourselves for hours before the "tours" arrived, then it was crowded. I have never been to a more beautiful place EVER! The snorkeling was outstanding and my wife said I had finally taken her to "that perfect beach she always imagines". We fell in love with St John and have booked a week there in June. Have fun, you will never forget it!!!!

We did this last summer while sailing the Mariner. We were one of the first off the ship. Taxis are waiting as you come off. As mentioned above, go to Red Hook and catch a ferry. Our driver called over to St John and they were waiting for us as we got off the ferry. Our driver was Puff Daddy. The open air taxi was great complete with island tunes. The drive on the north shore is amazing. He stopped at views for pictures. Then we got to Trunk Bay just as they opened the ticket booth. We had the entire beach to ourselves for hours before the "tours" arrived, then it was crowded. I have never been to a more beautiful place EVER! The snorkeling was outstanding and my wife said I had finally taken her to "that perfect beach she always imagines".

We fell in love with St John and have booked a week there in June. Have fun, you will never forget it!!!!

Bob, if you read this...

now that sounds like a good idea. Bag Cancun.

Archived