Toronto Hotels?

There are several in the area. We have stayed at the Sheraton Center twice since July, also have experience with the Delta Chelsea and the Royal York. The hotel is very nice as you would expect for a Sheraton and very close to the Eaton Center, The Bay and the financial district. Flat rate Parking at City Hall ( parking entrance on Queen Street in front of the hotel ) or across York Street from the hotel. Lots of good restaurants very close by. Basicly the Toronto hotel quality and price is consistant with the chain you are looking at ie Mariotte, Sheraton, Hilton, Delta, Holiday Inn etc. There are more good hotels directly north of the Sheraton including the Metropolitan, the Delta Chelsea and others. Why Queen Street west specificly?

Thanks for the info!

I've never been to Toronto...My fiance has been there, and says that Queen Street is where alot of great places to eat & shops are (he's been there). We're planning on going for 3 nights next fall. Our wedding cruise is next April & he veto'd any more cruises for 2011 (something about needing to add a deck to house, pave our driveway, new heating/air? haha). So my compromise was a somewhere we could drive to for a few days instead. I'm only going off of where he said we should try & stay...

Sounds great. The area between Yonge St and University Ave. is the location of most of the downtown Toronto hotels. There are more just east of Yonge St. and then a few along Front St. For ground zero I would suggest the Hilton on Richmond St, The Sheraton Center on Queen, The Marriott at the Eaton Center, The Fairmont Royal York on Front St. The Cambridge Suites Hotel on Richmond, or the Delta Chelsea on Gerrard. A little off center to the west is the Hyatt Regency on King near the Princess of Wales Theater or to the south the Novotel on Esplanade or the Westin Harbour Castle ( has great lake views and easy access to the Toronto islands ferry ). It is easy and comfortable to get around in downtown Toronto on the transit system, either the street cars or the subway. Frequent service with both. A day pass can be purchased with unlimited trips. Walking distances are not large either.

Be sure to do some homework looking for flat rate parking at the location of your choice. I don't often drive and park downtown so can not offer great advice except to look for flat rate per day. We usually park on the edge and use transit to get downtown but we have parked twice recently across from the Sheraton Center underground at a flat rate. $25/day I think was the rate. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Thanks for all the info!

Don't worry...I plan on doing plenty of research before the trip! From what I've read so far...it looks like there's plenty to keep us busy for 3 days!

And I'm hoping on the drive there...we pass a few Tim Hortons! I'm still thinking of Tim Bits we had on our trip to Niagara a few years back! haha

Thanks for all the info!

Don't worry...I plan on doing plenty of research before the trip! From what I've read so far...it looks like there's plenty to keep us busy for 3 days!

And I'm hoping on the drive there...we pass a few Tim Hortons! I'm still thinking of Tim Bits we had on our trip to Niagara a few years back! haha

Did they not open this for you ??;)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_699690.html

OMG! i had NO idea! i haven't been to a Pens game this season yet (the article says they have kiosks setup inside the new arena). i only work a few blocks away too!

Now I REALLY have a reason to get tickets to a game!!!

Thanks for the Tid-bits about the Tim-bits!

Archived