Want Opinions on the Aerial Tram ride

houstontx

I haven't read anything that's really "good" for the aerial tram ride in Costa Rica. But, my wife & I think it "sounds" cool. Looking for opinions from people who have actually done the tram ride and what you thought of it.

It is pretty darn expensive... $250 for two of us thru the cruise line.

The only other real tour is the Canals trip. Have to anything to say about that??

Can you help me out :confused:

Thanks,

Alan

I haven't read anything that's really "good" for the aerial tram ride in Costa Rica. But, my wife & I think it "sounds" cool. Looking for opinions from people who have actually done the tram ride and what you thought of it.

It is pretty darn expensive... $250 for two of us thru the cruise line.

The only other real tour is the Canals trip. Have to anything to say about that??

Can you help me out :confused:

Thanks,

Alan

Hi Alan!

We took the Costa Rica's Favorites on our December Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess. It combined the Arial Tram and a cruise on the Tortugero Canals with lunch in between. It was my favorite tour of the entire cruise. The tram is very sedate and restful. It is a round trip in a cable car that holds 6-8 people and a local guide. Our only problem was that you see the rain forest but not the animals (we saw only a few butterflies). There is an excellent gift shop at the tram that sells Cafe Britt coffee and confections as well as other items.

The real highlight was the cruise. We saw sloths, 4 separate groups of Howler Monkeys, a large croc in the water, quite a few caimans on the bank, huge iguanas, bats, all sorts of water fowl, etc. It was fantastic!

If you can, take the combo tour. If only one, I recommend the canal cruise over the tram.

Have a great cruise!

Hello Mike2131,

Wanted to Thank You for your response to my question. Though the Aerial Tram sounds cool, it seems it's not as good as it sounds. The Canal trip seems to be pretty popular too. Several people from our cruise are doing the Canals. Guess we should start thinking in terms of doing the canals.

Thanks again for responding and giving me first hand info on these excursions. I appreciate your time!!

Best regards and Happy Cruising :)

Alan & Regina

Hello Mike2131,

Wanted to Thank You for your response to my question. Though the Aerial Tram sounds cool, it seems it's not as good as it sounds. The Canal trip seems to be pretty popular too. Several people from our cruise are doing the Canals. Guess we should start thinking in terms of doing the canals.

Thanks again for responding and giving me first hand info on these excursions. I appreciate your time!!

Best regards and Happy Cruising :)

Alan & Regina

Alan and Regina!

We expected the tram to be the highlight but were surprised. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and our guide was absolutely top-notch!

Have a great cruise!

We traveled to Costa Rica via air, so I don't know what the cruises offer. We did the Aerial Tram. The best part was the drive there. Although the driving in CR is nerve racking, the waterfalls off the sides of the mountains are beautiful. The tram itself was a bit boring. There are so many exciting things to do and see in CR, maybe our expectations had become a little high by the time we did this tour. As someone said before, you don't see any animals. It is more a "lesson" on the rainforest levels and what grows in each level. It is kind of like riding a chair lift over the jungle, but no wildlife. I highly recommend visiting CR when you have time to explore the mountains and volcano areas. The zip line (Sky Tram) is awsome:eek: and the horseback ride we took near Arenal to the waterfalls was a great experience. The hotsprings in Arenal was neat. Also the La Paz Waterfall gardens with butterfly & hummingbird areas was well worth the trip. These may be too far inland to do from the cruise, I don't know. My honest opinion is, go back and stay as long as you can.

Archived