Selling online excursions

thesawch

Its about 45 days or so till our cruise on the Glory.I was online last night on ccl website and was trying to book an excursion in Belize to the ruins.However I could not get any excursions to come up .Would they have stopped selling them already for our cruise on Feb 6th 2011?? Thanks

Its about 45 days or so till our cruise on the Glory.I was online last night on ccl website and was trying to book an excursion in Belize to the ruins.However I could not get any excursions to come up .Would they have stopped selling them already for our cruise on Feb 6th 2011?? Thanks

We book all online on their website pre-cruise. They have been doing updates to the site which might have affected what you got. I was just looking for our upcoming cruise and it worked fine.

Are you registered on the site and is your booking number coming up?

Are you able to access your documents?

This will make sure that you are in their system. Then go to manage cruises and you should see your booking. Then there is a tab to "plan activities"

Do note that on some cruise dates, that particular excursion might not be available for other reasons. Many times it is do to when you arrive in Belize. It is a difficult port and there is no dock, you have to tender in, and sometimes you are anchored a mile off shore and the tender ride can be as long as 30 minutes one way. So the fact that you are not able to book might have to do with the time your particular cruise gets there and if there is enough time to do it. We went to ruins in Belize (Xunantunich) and it was a 2 hour+ bus ride one way) Many of the ruins are quite a distance so that might have more to do with why you cannot book something for YOUR cruise date that shows up on their general shore excursions. You have to be in your booking for your date to see what is available. Some excursions are date specific.

You can book online until 7 or 10 days before the actual cruise date

Hope this helps.

Are you going through the excursion tab or through your booking reservation on carnival web site??

Through the manage my booking tab is the only place youwill see to book your reservations--

I still can book my reservation and we sail February 12.

Is it cheaper to purchase before your trip online or to book while onboard?

Same- but some excursions sell out more quickly.

That being said-- they do hold excursions to sell onboard.

The thing about booking an excursion ahead of time-- you gotta pay for it now instead of while on the cruise..-for me, i'd like to pay as much as I can before time so my sign and sail bill is very little.

Last cruise my sign and sail bill was under 5 bucks.

Archived