Is 4 pm too late to snorkel in Boca Catalina?

Busybears

Since our ship arrives Aruba at 1 pm, and we'll be taking a private tour first, we won't get to have some beach/snorkeling time until after 4. I read it somewhere in this forum that the waves get stronger as the day goes on. So should I assume 4 pm or later to snorkel in Boca Catalina is not a good idea? Should we just head over to either Palm or Eagle Beach and forget about snorkeling? :confused:

Any thoughts are appreciated. :)

It won't be the greatest at that time of day, but if it is your only chance to snorkel during your trip you may want to give it a shot. You did not say when you are cruising, so be aware of sunset. The sun sets very quickly closer to the equator ;) right now sunset is about 6:25 p.m.

Thanks, Arubalisa!! Our ship is in Aruba from 1 to 11 pm so I'm not too worried about getting back to the ship. Bully said he could provide a ride back for a fee (yes, we have booked a tour with him for the first part of our day ~ thank for your suggestion). I'm just wondering if snorkeling is not good, maybe we should just go to Eagle Beach and chill? What would you do if you were I? Hope I'm not putting you on the spot, but you seem to know so much and I respect your opinion :p.

I haven't figured out what to do after snorkeling. Maybe get back to the ship and get changed and then get off the ship.... but then what? Eat? or just walk around? Anything near the pier? :confused:

I am thinking skip it and just go to the beach. You can never guarantee visibility ;) and the beauty of the beach is not to be missed. Enjoy sunset from the beach bar at the Amsterdam Manor on Eagle beach or Bugaloe or MoomBa on Palm beach.

For night time see the prior posts about Passions for dinner OR Bully has a favorite or two, local dining spots in downtown Oranjestad that he could suggest for dinner.

Thank you so much, Arubalisa! You are so patient with all of our questions!! Happy New Year to you and your family if I don't come up with more questions before then ;)!
No problem! :) It is always nice to know when you are appreciated. Happy New Year :) to you as well. If you have any further questions feel free to post them for all of us, or email me. When is your trip? You may be the next convert to "AA"= Aruba addicts ;) :)

We are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on 1/14/2011, and will be in Aruba on 1/17/2011 which is a Monday. This is our first time visit to Aruba, and based on the pictures we have seen of Aruba, yes, I think we most likely will become one of the new AAs :D.

Archived