Roatan/ Island Marketing Beach Break

willowbilly

We did the zipline canopy and island tour with Island Marketing, with a beach stop at the end of the day at Turqoise Bay. (also went to the Iguana Farm, which was a hoot). I think we were supposed to go to another beach as well, but we ended up staying at Turquoise Bay, which was fine with us because it was a really nice little beach. The kids rented paddleboats and jetskis, and there was a pool (which we didn't use), a snack bar with $2 beers, and plenty of lounge chairs on the beach with papalas or cocount trees for shade if you wanted it. We had our snorkel gear with us, but hadn't specifically booked a snorkel tour or guide, and it looked too far out to the reef (to me) to allow the kids to swim out alone. And although some in the group didn't notice the sand fleas, I definitely did, until I used the insect repellant. There was also an exterior building with changing rooms, lockers and bathrooms.

We did the zipline canopy and island tour with Island Marketing, with a beach stop at the end of the day at Turqoise Bay. (also went to the Iguana Farm, which was a hoot). I think we were supposed to go to another beach as well, but we ended up staying at Turquoise Bay, which was fine with us because it was a really nice little beach. The kids rented paddleboats and jetskis, and there was a pool (which we didn't use), a snack bar with $2 beers, and plenty of lounge chairs on the beach with papalas or cocount trees for shade if you wanted it. We had our snorkel gear with us, but hadn't specifically booked a snorkel tour or guide, and it looked too far out to the reef (to me) to allow the kids to swim out alone. And although some in the group didn't notice the sand fleas, I definitely did, until I used the insect repellant. There was also an exterior building with changing rooms, lockers and bathrooms.

We have also booked the zip line through island marketing. How did you manage to get the iguana farm in there also? I don't think we had an option for that. We are suppose to go to Fosters following the zip line adventure. Do you also remember the time difference. Our ship docks at 10 am and our zipline is 8:30am

We have also booked the zip line through island marketing. How did you manage to get the iguana farm in there also? I don't think we had an option for that. We are suppose to go to Fosters following the zip line adventure. Do you also remember the time difference. Our ship docks at 10 am and our zipline is 8:30am

We booked the tour called Zipline Canopy Adventure and Island Tour - and they asked via email if we were also interested in the Iguana Farm. It was $8 pp - not sure if it was included in the tour price or not. We did that first, then the zipline, then the beach.

Our ship was out of New Orleans and so was on Central Time, same as Roatan Island time. But they mistakenly assumed the ship was on Eastern time and booked our tour for 7:30 AM Island time (ie, 8:30 Eastern time, which was supposed to be 1/2 hr after our 8am docking). We emailed them about the discrepancy and they basically replied that they would meet us 1/2 hr after the ship docked, whenever that was. And they were there waiting for us so it all worked out. As others have noted, the walk outside the port to the area where you meet the independent tour operators is a fairly long walk - but not unmanageable.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you recall how far Turqoise Bay was from ship?

The distance to Turquoise Bay depends upon where you dock. If you dock in Coxen Hole it will be approximately a 30 minute or so drive; if you dock at Mahogany Bay it will be approximately a 15-20 minute or so drive.

Thanks!

Archived