Galveston...rental car return?

bluey258

We are in the same boat (no pun intended!) Tigercat. We booked for the BG5 and are planning to fly in a day early just in case of weather, etc. Now I'm trying to find out how to get to Galveston without it costing an arm and a leg. We can't utilize the Carnival shuttle as it isn't available on Saturday - only Sunday.

Same problem here. Flying in on the 3rd, sailing 12/4 so Carnival shuttle is not going to work and although I posted on my roll call it appears most of the people are going to be driving in. Hate to spend $100 for one way from IAH to Galveston but looking like that is the only choice. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Same problem here. Flying in on the 3rd, sailing 12/4 so Carnival shuttle is not going to work and although I posted on my roll call it appears most of the people are going to be driving in. Hate to spend $100 for one way from IAH to Galveston but looking like that is the only choice. :(

AuntieBon, we rented a car from Alamo as we are flying in on 12/2 and not flying out until 12/11 at 8pm and wanted to do some sightseeing. I have been able to get the total cost down to $260 for a standard size rental using an Entertainment Book coupon.

• 4 weeks later...
AuntieBon, we rented a car from Alamo as we are flying in on 12/2 and not flying out until 12/11 at 8pm and wanted to do some sightseeing. I have been able to get the total cost down to $260 for a standard size rental using an Entertainment Book coupon.

Alamo must have some of the best prices.

I got Nov 25th - Dec 7th ( 13 days) for $300 including all taxes for a full size.

I also used Entertainment book coupon.

The part that sucks is I'm paying for the rental car while I'm on the cruise and to make it worse I'm paying to park it as well, lol.

Archived