Port Canaveral Liquor Police!

smyemar

Hey all! I don't want to ruffle any feathers here but just wondering how thorough they are at checking the bags for a little extra alcohol to enjoy on board? I know when we boarded the Carnival Valor in Miami both of my wine bottles were taken and returned the last night of the cruise. I am now aware that I am allowed two bottles of wine (for DH & I) and that they must be in our carry on. Anyone had any success bringing on an extra bottle or two? I am not into rum runners and I already plan on Bon Voyage for our room and the wine package for dinner. Thanks for any info!:)

Go via Pt Canaveral next month for the first time in a couple of years but overall seems like Carnival is becoming more strict in confiscating booze.

That may be true in some cases, but when I went on the Dream three weeks ago, I had 2 bottles ( 1.5 liter size ) in my carryon, and NO ONE even asked what I had, they didn't look, or anything. Now I DID go thru the VIP line, don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I could easily have brought all kinds of liquor if I had wanted to, and was not challenged.

Hey all! I don't want to ruffle any feathers here but just wondering how thorough they are at checking the bags for a little extra alcohol to enjoy on board? I know when we boarded the Carnival Valor in Miami both of my wine bottles were taken and returned the last night of the cruise. I am now aware that I am allowed two bottles of wine (for DH & I) and that they must be in our carry on. Anyone had any success bringing on an extra bottle or two? I am not into rum runners and I already plan on Bon Voyage for our room and the wine package for dinner. Thanks for any info!:)

Too bad you're not into rum runners. DW and I have used them every cruise (OK that's only 4 times) but so far no problems.

Archived