FLL Hotels near shopping malls

CR dude

My wife and I are scheduled to arrive at FLL on 2 March and to board our cruise on 4 March at Port Everglades. We are coming in from Costa Rica where major department stores are scarce and we want to stay at something in the 2 1/2 - 3 * range witnin easy walking distance to a mall. Can anyone inform us if the Hyatt place south and the Cambria Inn are close to Oakwood Plaza and are in safe areas? if not - what could be recommended for a place within walking distance of a mall or general shopping - preferably with shuttle to airport and/or cruise port. Also can someone inform what stores are near The Hollywood Inn express. We will also require a post cruise place for approx 3 days. Jim and Flora

If you meant Holiday Inn Express, it is next to the Extended Stay America and is across from numerous plaza and also, beside the Extended Stay is another serious of plaza all connected.

It has a Publix and numerous other stores. Not far away is also a Winn Dixie. All those plazas have lots of restaurants and every type of store, dollar store, discount store, etc you can think of.

The only one with a shuttle I am aware of is the Embassy Suites which also borders the plazas. It is very close to the port. In fact, the crew on the ships walk to the stores or get a ride specifically for them with shuttles and it is close to the port. Taxis shouldn't cost more than $15 per vehicle including tax.

I would stay at the Hyatt Place North. It is in the 17th st. area and near all of the stores mentioned in the above post. It also has shuttle from airport and to cruise port. I would plan on going to the Galleria Mall which is a large very nice mall with numerous top stores and restaurants. The city bus #40 stops very near the hotel and also in front of the Extended Stay America and Holiday Inn Express. It goes to the Galleria, turns around and returns the same route. Only about a 10 or 15 minute ride.

Archived