Soda Card Price on Caribbean Princess and Prices of Rum, etc. in the Islands??

Linda2433

Just wondering how much the soda card is on the Caribbean Princess? Also is it good for any kind of soda. Anybody who bought Liquor in St. Thomas, St. Martin, do you remember how much in was? Say a bottle of Bacardi Rum or Cruzan Rum. I remember back 20 years ago you could get a bottle of Cruzan in St. Thomas for like $1.00. I am sure it has gone up, just curious how much.???

On the CP our soda card was $22.50 for the 7 day sailing. I think (don't quote me on this one though) that if you didn't want the coke cup it was only $20 for the week.

As for the Rum in the islands, you won't find anymore dollar bargains down there. I think Bacardi was around $9 or $10 a liter.

On the Golden 7 day in January, the soda card was $25.00. No discount if you didn't take the glass. Rum was incredibly cheap, like $5.00-7.00 per litre. If you buy it at the duty free store at the embarkation pier, be sure to put it out of sight in your carry on bag or it will be 'stored' for you until the last day of the cruise.

If you shop at AH Riiese they have some great prices and deals. Mt. Gay Extra Old ltrs are 16.95 and if you buy 2 they throw in a ltr of MT. G Eclipse.(7.95 ltr.) Extra Old is 35.95 in DC.Bacardi flavors are 17.95 for 2 ltrs. Cruzan flavors 8.50 ltr. If you go up the road from Havensite the K Mart is usually cheaper but no specials and a limited selection butall the types of Cruzan. Try the Estate Diamond at about 10. ltr. I drink a lot of rum and think the extra old Mt. Gay to be the best and worth the difference. I suggest Riiese because they have lots of bonus deals and are at the dock. If you don't ldock at Haversite go to the downtown store. They will deliver direct to the ship and you can bring back 6 ltrs. as long as 1 is a VI rum. Thats for each adult and if you go over customs usually lets it pass. But be sure to declare the overage.:):p:p

Archived