Freedom of Seas - Which ST Thomas Dock / Car Rental

chajec

Fellow Cruisers:

We will be going on the Freedom in March with one of the stops in STT. We have been to STT many times, both on cruises and including just staying on the island twice so I am quite familiar with the island.

The question I have is where does the Freedom dock in STT, is it by Havensight, or is it in Crown Bay area. Also, which car rentals are located right by the ship dock? I know there is a budget right at Havensight and wondered if anyone has rented from them and had good experience with them. We used Dependable car rental before but they are not located right at the dock, since they are better for airport arrivals.

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to visiting STT again in March. Any help you can provide on this topic will be appreciated. Feel free to ask me questions about the island and I can try to help you in that area if you need.

Freedom docks at Havensight---- we just did eastern cruise on Freedom Dec. 5th and also in April. However, there were a total of 6 ships in port that day. Two in crown bay, disney anchored downtown and 3 at Havensight--- made it kind of crowded. Also, Freedom doesn't dock till 11:00 am and the rest were in there much earlier. Don't know much about rental cars there as we never rent even when we stay a week.

Freedom docks at Havensight---- we just did eastern cruise on Freedom Dec. 5th and also in April. However, there were a total of 6 ships in port that day. Two in crown bay, disney anchored downtown and 3 at Havensight--- made it kind of crowded. Also, Freedom doesn't dock till 11:00 am and the rest were in there much earlier. Don't know much about rental cars there as we never rent even when we stay a week.
I would say usually in Havensite. In November 09 she did dock in Crown Bay when I was on her!! So you never know for sure.

Archived