RCCL Transportation

bbusybee7

Has anyone used RCCL transportation from Miami Airport to the Port of Miami (roundtrip)? Any Pros and Cons? Can anyone tell me how it works? How is the luggage handled? Booked transportation on our own last time but this time we didn't.

Our flight home on American Airlines has been changed to 8:00 pm. Is there an AA luggage check in at the port? When we cruised with Disney 2 yrs ago we were able to check our luggage at the port so we didn't have to lug it with us all around the airport while we were waiting for our flight.

Thanks for your help...less than 2 months now!!!!

Lisa

There is a desk for American Airlines at the Miami Pier, do not think you had to have the transfers from the cruise company to have AA take your luggage. The price for a cab from the airport to the dock is around 15 dollars each way. I would personally take a cab and not have to wait for a bus to full up.

Actually it's a $21 flat rate for taxis to/from the Port of Miami to/from MIA... Still well worth it over being herded onto a bus, then waiting for it to fill up, then getting off, waiting for your luggage to be unloaded, and having to wait while everyone from the bus tries to check in at the same time!

There is a desk for American Airlines at the Miami Pier, do not think you had to have the transfers from the cruise company to have AA take your luggage. The price for a cab from the airport to the dock is around 15 dollars each way. I would personally take a cab and not have to wait for a bus to full up.

There is an American Airlines desk at the Miami Pier, but I didn't notice it was open last week when we got off the ship. I had heard they had closed it. It looks like you've been to Miami recently too, Jezzdogg... Did you notice if it was open?

Thanks for the info everyone..

We already paid for the transfers through RCCL can we cancel them and get a credit?

Our flight doesn't leave until 8:00pm. That's a long time to carry luggage around with us. Does anyone know how soon you can check your luggage at the airport?

Any ideas on what we can do to pass the time? (besides a RCCL excursion) My parents live in West Palm Beach and were going to meet us for lunch/dinner. We were thinking about renting a mini van (there are 8 of us) but I don't think we will have enough room for the luggage if we have to carry it with us.

More snow coming tomorrow for Connecticut!! I can't wait for April 16th!!!

Thanks....Lisa

Lisa, your day in Miami will fly by quicker than you think if you are driving to West Palm to have lunch with family. Allowing time to get there and back with a rental car, and allowing sufficient time at the airport (which will be extremely busy due to school vacation week) your day is covered! Are you a school teacher? We are going to San Juan, sailing on the Adventure the same week! Can't wait-------and yes---MORE SNOW FOR TOMORROW! This school year will never end!

redjoan...sorry I should have been more specific. My parents were going to meet us at Miami airport to have lunch when our flight was at 6:00pm. Now that we have 2 more hours we thought we would meet them in Miami somewhere.

No, I am not a teacher, but we have 2 children that are on school vacation that week and we are traveling with friends that also have children on vacation. The last cruise we went on we took the kids out of school for the week. Since my daughter is graduating this year she didn't want to miss any school so we are going during vacation. I'm sure it will be very busy!!

Lisa

Archived