Cancellation policy for Snorkel with turtles

Shadow 1

I am having difficulty making a decision on which sea turtle tour to take. I have read up on several and had pretty much made a decision to go with Sasha. I like that there are less people around so easier to see the turtles and less crowded. Tess emailed me quickly and answered my questions, but the cancellation policy causes me to reconsider. You must cancel 36 hours before the tour for a refund. They only way I would cancel is if I or my snorkling partner would happen to get sick or if the cruise ship did not make it into port. The 36 hour policy seems a bit extreme to me. Are there any other tour groups that offer a less severe cancellation policy. I think it is not right that they would charge me even if our cruise ship couldn't make it to port! I am considering now just taking carnivals tour and dealing with the crowds. Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!

Happy Cruising!

Barb

We have decided to go with Calabaza. Their cancellation policy seems more reasonable to me. If the ship doesn't dock we won't be charged. Here is a quote from Gina:

To book, I would need your visa or master card number and exp. date to secure the booking. The credit card is for reservations purposes and in case of cancellation 20% at 48 hours before, 50% at 24 hours before, 100% day of cruise.will apply, other than that the card will be charged when you board the boat,there is no cancellation fee if for any reason your ship is unable to dock or any unforeseen problems with the ship.

We have decided to go with Calabaza. Their cancellation policy seems more reasonable to me. If the ship doesn't dock we won't be charged. Here is a quote from Gina:

To book, I would need your visa or master card number and exp. date to secure the booking. The credit card is for reservations purposes and in case of cancellation 20% at 48 hours before, 50% at 24 hours before, 100% day of cruise.will apply, other than that the card will be charged when you board the boat,there is no cancellation fee if for any reason your ship is unable to dock or any unforeseen problems with the ship.

Almost all tour companies have that policy that if the ship can't dock then you are not charged. I used a different tour company for the turtle tour I took and my cc receipt on the day of the tour was in Barbados currency. The operator/owner had told me what the US dollar amount would be, and it was exactly that on my statement. Some tours may already do the conversion but just wanted to mention it. Have a great cruise!

Almost all tour companies have that policy that if the ship can't dock then you are not charged. I used a different tour company for the turtle tour I took and my cc receipt on the day of the tour was in Barbados currency. The operator/owner had told me what the US dollar amount would be, and it was exactly that on my statement. Some tours may already do the conversion but just wanted to mention it. Have a great cruise!

Thank you for letting me know about the $ conversion. I hope to just pay with cash when we get there so that should help with any confusion.

Archived