Royal Occasion Weddings St Thomas

Hi

I have purchased a cruise on the Carnival Freedom for the purposes of getting married on St Thomas.

I am investigating Royal Occassion wedding services through Carnival.

Has any one used them before at all and would you recommend them?

Does any one no were the Villa location is that they suggest , perhaps the name of the hotel or grounds? It looks very close to paradise point.

Thanks

Paul :)

Most the weddings I know of on St Thomas during a cruise went through Island Bliss Weddings or Perfect Weddings of St Thomas

Using a local planner for a port wedding has more advantages than disadvantages in my opinion. But others may feel different

I'm getting married in St. Thomas also using Island Bliss Weddings. Janelle had a TON of location suggestions and I just picked one that I liked after a few google image searches :-)

make sure you have enough time also. I think you said you were planning this for the end of January 2011? You'll need a few weeks to get license paperwork sent back and forth. The planner can tell you if you'll have enough time at this point.

Since you do have the time I would compare the options between the different planners. Make a list of questions you have for the planners and see who fits your needs the best.

There are reviews on the boards and you can google reviews too of the different planners.

I'm getting married in St. Thomas on May 2, using DayDream Weddings, who are part of the Emerald Beach (Best Western property) http://www.emeraldbeach.com/weddings.htm Ishani has been WONDERFUL to work with so far...just thought I'd give my 2 cents

Hi

Every ones 2 cents are more then welcome . I seems a lot cheaper aborad ship but the other half is not in to having it aboard ship. Thanks for your suggestion

DEFINITELY cheaper to go with a local planner. I knew I definitely wanted to get married on the island and through Carnival it was like $1995 and that ONLY included my fiance and me with a champagne toast and a "slice" of cake I believe. I'm getting our wedding and a full reception for 30 people and then some for a little bit more than that using the local planner.

I used Island Wedding Services. Everything was great, and we LOVED not only the minister, but also the photographer. We got married at Lindquist beach. There were only 3 other people on the beach, along with a few chickens and a love duck. The beach is amazing! The photograher was a lot of fun, and we got a cd with the pictures before we left. I also brought a portable hard drive and he put the pictures on there as well. It was significantly cheaper than doing it through the cruise line. For the minister, photographer, site fee and flowers it was around $700.

Hi

Thanks very much for all you suggestions . Although I would love to go through the ship for peace of mind, the price does seem a lot cheaper through the suggested independent wedding vendors. Carnival starts at 2910.00 $ on shore with no upgrades for 24 people. Where as Island Bliss Weddings package is 1495.00 with selected upgrades.

Please keep your ideas and experiences coming in it is saving lots of well earned cash and making my future wedding that much better.

Thanks very much :)

I've been working with Perfect Weddings of St Thomas, as Leslie has been AWESOME! she responds to all emails quickly and is super accomodating. I'm a little OCD, so I went down to St. Thomas for a site visit this past August (I'm getting married this Feb.) and she showed me around the wedding site, I was able to peek at a wedding in progress and I was able to talk with the photographer when he was done as well as try the food! It was awesome and I'm sooo excited for my big day! She has the perfect package for a Cruise wedding on her site - it includes ceremony, photo/video, decorations, reception w/drinks and cake and transportation to and from the ship for all guests! we have 36 people coming and she was able to customize the package for me!

I've been working with Perfect Weddings of St Thomas, as Leslie has been AWESOME! she responds to all emails quickly and is super accomodating. I'm a little OCD, so I went down to St. Thomas for a site visit this past August (I'm getting married this Feb.) and she showed me around the wedding site, I was able to peek at a wedding in progress and I was able to talk with the photographer when he was done as well as try the food! It was awesome and I'm sooo excited for my big day! She has the perfect package for a Cruise wedding on her site - it includes ceremony, photo/video, decorations, reception w/drinks and cake and transportation to and from the ship for all guests! we have 36 people coming and she was able to customize the package for me!

That's AWESOME!! And Excellent customer service...I was thinking of doing the same, my cruise TA suggested it, but I decided against it, didn't want to "ruin" the moment.

Hi

Thanks very much for all you suggestions . Although I would love to go through the ship for peace of mind, the price does seem a lot cheaper through the suggested independent wedding vendors. Carnival starts at 2910.00 $ on shore with no upgrades for 24 people. Where as Island Bliss Weddings package is 1495.00 with selected upgrades.

Please keep your ideas and experiences coming in it is saving lots of well earned cash and making my future wedding that much better.

Thanks very much :)

Janelle with Island Bliss is a DOLL! So sweet, organized and professional... and originally a midwest girl like me so we bonded over hatred of winter :D

Hi

Could you please relay to me how much they are going to charge you (paulvwhalen@yahoo.ca). 62 people I will be inviting but I am planning for 48. I am also researching group rate bookings on the ship. So far I can get a free cruise for 2 people every 16 cabins rented through me . After the first 5 cabins are rented every cabin gets 75.00 credit to there account. Sounds great!!!

Thanks very much

Janelle with Island Bliss is a DOLL! So sweet, organized and professional... and originally a midwest girl like me so we bonded over hatred of winter :D

Hi

I am also looking into Island Bliss weddings. Reading the other posts people seem to mention Janelle perhaps more then the rest. Perfect weddings I must say put a little more into there web site. Please suggest to Janelle thet paul wants more pictures on her website. ha ha !!!!

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi

Thank you all for your comments The wedding is Jan of 2012 so there should be plenty of time to plan.

How did the weddding go???I am now in the process also to plan this. Does Royal Occ do what you want? Was it costly?

Any advice???

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I am also looking into Island Bliss weddings. Reading the other posts people seem to mention Janelle perhaps more then the rest. Perfect weddings I must say put a little more into there web site. Please suggest to Janelle thet paul wants more pictures on her website. ha ha !!!!

Thanks

Island Bliss has a whole website dedicated to photos - check it out Paul: www.islandblissweddings.shutterfly.com

Janelle was so AWESOME to work with -our wedding day was perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better planner.

Archived