Tell me about your 7 year old on the Dream slides

skyw

HI

My son is 7 years old. When we went to Great Wolf Lodge, some of the slides flung him around a little too much and he got a good goose egg on his head. I would love to hear about other 6-8 year olds that have been on the slides on the Dream.

THanks

Our daughter was 6 on our cruise in October. She started with the racing slides. Then she graduated to the twisty slide. She wouldnt do the Drain Pipe slide and I didnt blame her. There were kids and adults that got bumps on the head with that one. But she loved the other ones.

We were on the Dream in October. My son was 6. He rode every slide. He loved everyone of them too! We have also been to Great Wolf Lodge. He also rode every slide there too, and I believe those go alot faster, especially because you are on a float/tube. There are no floats/tubes on the Dream.

My only concern was that the stairs to the slides were very high up. It was extremely windy up there. Just make sure an adult goes with as the wind could knock around a small child. Also, the area where the slides are do get a bit slippery. Just make sure your kid doesn't run. I know my son was going up and down the slides a ton, and would try to run to the stairs to go down the slides again. We had to keep him from running constantly. He really loved the racers the best.

Though not on the Dream we cruised in May on the Fascination ( similar waterpark area) with our then 4 yr old Son and he did the Racing Slides but not the big twister slide. It was hardly ever open anyway. But he had a BLAST with these slides....and yes it did toss him some but I think he liked that too.

I think it depends on your child. I'm 40ish :) and went on the Drain pipe last year. It scared me to death! I came out of the shoot so fast i went around 3 times i never thought i was going to stop. On the other hand I was watching a couple little boys somewhere around 7-8 years old, they went down the drain pipe over and over i wish i would have video'd them. They came out of the shoot spinning around like turtles on their backs. They were having a BLAST!! Start him out slow on the racers.:)

Our daughter was 6 on our cruise in October. She started with the racing slides. Then she graduated to the twisty slide. She wouldnt do the Drain Pipe slide and I didnt blame her. There were kids and adults that got bumps on the head with that one. But she loved the other ones.

That Drainpipe can be tricky. It's common that we lift our heads while we slide, but you don't want to do that on this one. When you shoot out into the bowl, the G-forces are so strong, that if you have your head lifted, the forces will throw it back into the slide. If you keep your head back (in line with the rest of your body), it won't be thrown into the slide. I've got video of me making it around the bowl 4 1/2 times. I'm going for 5 next time! They are certainly not tame waterslides.

Archived