Good Legend/Platinum Disappointment

makentake

Just got off the Legend for our New Year's cruise. We had the best cabin ever, 7299. Loved, loved, loved it. Quick run up two floors for coffee/snacks. It was huge, had two closets with lights, long sofa, tons of storage, great lighting, granite everywhere. Balcony had one lounger, 4 chairs, and 2 tables. Our cabin steward was very sweet and tried hard to get a few problems fixed (the balcony divider was open for 3 full days, neighbors were nice but we didn't really want to get to know them and spend time with them). She tried a couple times a day to get someone to close it but it finally took a trip to guest services and a complaint for someone finally came up to close it.

Dining room: We requested that our family group be seated together or near each other and the first night one table was on the first floor and another on the second. Requested a fix to the the problem and they did, unfortunately they didn't tell the people that were orginally assigned to that table they would be moving to early seating as they orginally requested. So on elegant night our whole group was without a table. After a lot of discussion and running around by staff they came up with space in anytime dining area for all of us. We waited for probably a half hour and were compensated with a bottle of champagne, which was very nice, we each had a sip. Next night everything was fixed and we had two tables next to each other. When we finally got a table in the dining room (3rd night) our waiter was a lot of fun and had to work hard since he was really the assistant, his partner sprained her ankle and he was working alone. Poor guy! Food was mostly good, not like it used to be, but found something to eat every night. Steak house one night was worth it, the service and food was excellent.

Didn't go to any of the shows, didn't gamble, spent a lot of time visiting with family members we were traveling with. Missed Grand Caymen because of weather but love sea days anyway. Water was a little cooler than we like it in the other ports but our northern family members thought it was just fine (we're Floridians and like it warmer than 78-spoiled I guess).

Disappointed in a few things, should have known there would be problems when I printed out our boarding passes. I am Platinum and VIP didn't print out on luggage tags. I called and they said the wrong past passenger number was entered. She fixed and we were set for VIP boarding, when we checked in I was given a blue sign and sail card, they couldn't fix it there, I had to go to Guest Services to have a new Platinum card made. Great, thought everything was fixed. Wrong again. I was never acknowledged as a Platinum Member, never got any of the "perks" even after a couple of visits to Guest Services. Fortunately, I knew enough to just show the card for tendering and getting off the ship early. I still can't get it fixed, my past passenger number in my profile says it is an incorrect number. I've tried e-mail, next will be a call. I'm cruising again in February and would like it fixed.

Everyone had fun, could see a difference from our last cruise in quality and services but for what you pay, it's what you get. After our February cruise I'll probably look around and see if we want to try Princess, Celebrity, or HAL again.

Archived