Enough time to go to Caye Caulker w/ Coral Breezes?

amy2313

We will be on the Carnival Legend in Feb and in Belize from 8am to 5pm. We are thinking about doing the Coral Breeze tour to Stingray Alley and more importantly Caye Caulker. We have been to Belize a few times and thought Caye Caulker would be an interesting and different place to check out.

But we are very concerned about the timing of it all. With the differences in Port time vs. ship time and how long it takes to get to Caye Caulker, will we have enough time to do this tour?

Anyone that has completed this tour, what time did it start (ship time) and what time did you get back to tourism village to catch the tender back to the ship?

Thanks for any help and reassurance you can provide.

We have gone to Belize on the Legend several times & gone with Coral Breeze Tours & had no timing problems, but you will want to get off on an early tender. Belize in Feb will be one hour behind EST & two hours when the east coast is on DST.

This tour leaves the Tourist Village at 9 am Belize time which is 10 am ships time & they will get you back on time to the Tourist Village. We do this tour with Coral Breeze twice a year & have had no problems. Go for the local lunch as well which is a stewed chicken dish with red beans & rice. Or skip lunch & use your time to walk & see Caye Caulker. It won't take long.

Do a search on this part of the board for lots more info on Coral Breeze & Caye Caulker.

Have a ball in Belize.

Bill in FL

We have gone to Belize on the Legend several times & gone with Coral Breeze Tours & had no timing problems, but you will want to get off on an early tender. Belize in Feb will be one hour behind EST & two hours when the east coast is on DST.

This tour leaves the Tourist Village at 9 am Belize time which is 10 am ships time & they will get you back on time to the Tourist Village. We do this tour with Coral Breeze twice a year & have had no problems. Go for the local lunch as well which is a stewed chicken dish with red beans & rice. Or skip lunch & use your time to walk & see Caye Caulker. It won't take long.

Do a search on this part of the board for lots more info on Coral Breeze & Caye Caulker.

Have a ball in Belize.

Bill in FL

Thank you for the info!! This definitely helps ease our concerns a bit. Can you also tell me what time Coral Breezes gets everyone back to the Tourism Village (and in Feb - what time is that ship time if you do not mind).

Thanks again!

amy 2313

I don't recall the return time with Coral Breeze to the Tourist Village, but if you go to their web site the timing will be explained there. After going twice a year for about six years, we have never come close to missing the last tender back to the ship. This is how these guys make their living & that would be the LAST thing they'd want to happen.

Relax, go & have a great time.

Bill in FL

PS; if you return to the Tourist Village at say 3 pm Belize time, that will be 4 pm ships time, Belize being one hour behind east coast ships time.

amy 2313

I don't recall the return time with Coral Breeze to the Tourist Village, but if you go to their web site the timing will be explained there. After going twice a year for about six years, we have never come close to missing the last tender back to the ship. This is how these guys make their living & that would be the LAST thing they'd want to happen.

Relax, go & have a great time.

Bill in FL

PS; if you return to the Tourist Village at say 3 pm Belize time, that will be 4 pm ships time, Belize being one hour behind east coast ships time.

Thank you for your reassuring post! We just worry about making it back to the ship!! I sent Coral Breezes an email asking about availability for our date in Port and I hope they get back to me soon.

I just want to second what Bill said. We did the Coral Breeze snorkeling tour and Caulker Caye excursion in summer 2009 while on the Glory. Wonderful tour. Can't say enough good things about the tour guides we had. They were GREAT and we even got some amazing pictures of dolphins playing right next to the boat on the way back to port. Lunch was great and snorkeling was fun and beautiful. Let them know the time you need to be back to the port (allow at least 30 minutes to get through the line and tender back to the ship). They will get you there in plenty of time. No worries. Have fun! :)

Holly

Archived