Has anyone used Sun Divers?

ginspicetn

We will be cruising to Cayman March 7th on RC's Splendour of the Seas. I've been emailing Mr Miller at Sundivers dive operation. Has anyone gone on a dive with him? I haven't seen any threads mentioning him. He doesn't provide fins or mask. We have masks but where is there a place close to the dock that rents fins?

I have never heard of this place.. It has to be a one man operation. My advice go with a known business like:

Eden Rock

Sunset House Divers

Fisheye

Bob Sotos

Treasure Island Divers(check to see if the hurricane did not destroy them)

Red Sail

here is just a few

Sundivers is a 1 man operation run by Ollen Miller and a very reputable one. Being a smaller operation you will get excellent personalized service and very small groups.

Bob Sotos, Red Sail and Treasure Island are large operations taking out huge groups at a time. No personal service. Also, Sotos and TI are not open as of right now because of the storm.

I have never heard of this place.. It has to be a one man operation. My advice go with a known business like:

Eden Rock

Sunset House Divers

Fisheye

Bob Sotos

Treasure Island Divers(check to see if the hurricane did not destroy them)

Red Sail

Of that list I agree with most of them with exception of Red Sail if you are talking about the operation on 7 mile beach. I wouldn't go with them. I have gone out with Neptune's Divers and can recommend them. They will work with your ships schedule and are quite nice people as well.

Ollen Miller runs off of either the West, North or South Side depending on the weather.

I wasn't putting down Bob Sotos. It's just that, in general, you tend to get better service when you're diving with an independent operator with smaller groups (6-8 divers) than on the bigger boats with more divers.

Archived