Carnival Catalina Island Beach Break

TanIslandGirl

Has anybody done the Catalina Island Beach Break offered by Carnival while in LaRomana? Im curious how it is and what it has to offer. Carnival lists it at $70 pp and says it will have a welcome drink waiting for you. Just wondering if there is anything else offered to eat or drink and also what type of water sports are available if any.

We are on the same cruise as you!! I have been monitoring this board for a while trying to catch some info on what others are suggesting for this port. Why La Romana I ask myself on such a great itinerary cruise, but we want to make the best of it, looks like Dreams for us so we can get a whole day, 3 hours on a beach is not enough for me to consider Catalina Island, but I'm a little concerned with the transporation to Dreams, I have contacted them directly and they will not offer Hotel Transportation so we will have to catch a cab at the port, which un nerves me a little...I'd love to find out more about Catalina Island to have a back up plan!! Only 27 DAYS!!!!!!!

Hi Sunsetter,

I aso have contacted Dreams, it looks like a great resort. But I agree the transportation to Dreams is what is holding us back. Ive read on here about the area being not so good and that cabs with no a/c & open windows are often reached into by thieves at red lights/stop signs & purses or other bags are taken. I live in NY and I am not a person who is afraid to venture out but this port does concern me. I guess its becuase I havent really read anything positive about it. The fact that its almost a 30 minute ride to Dreams concerns me. I dont know..... I usualy aways have a plan for each port by now, but not this one.:confused:

Archived