Time to tender

Mr. Nice Guy

Hello,

Any past guest care to comment on how long it might take to get to shore when you have to take a tender to shore. I read those with tours go to one place. I am diving with a local op and not touring through the cruise. I read I woukld have to go to another place and take a number and wait to be called. The port is GC. Any descriptions of the process would be helpful.

Thank you

Nick

I am not sure about the Caymans, but we had to take a tender on our cruise in January. Those people who booked excursions with carnival got off first, then everyone else had to get a number and wait for the number to be called before they got off. They asked those people not in any hurry to just wait awhile - we were in that group and by 9:30 they announced anyone could now get off without getting a number. We were off the ship and on shore by 10:15.

Tendering at Grand Cayman is fast. The tender boats hold 250-300 people and it only takes about 10 minutes to get to shore. On Valor a few weeks ago, some of our group were in line by 8 and we were on the second tender. They didn't even call out the numbers, people just started going down to the gangway when the ship had cleared. Very easy! And yes, the people with Carnival tours get of first, but the ones with "later" Carnival tours don't get off that early anyway.

What time is your tour?

Archived