What should we do in Barbados?

rucruizin

We've been there twice before and have taken a snorkel/ beach trip (1st time)

and we got a cab and toured the whole island. (2nd time)

I loved the water there more than I remember liking any other place. We went to a beach after the snorkeling excursion so I have no idea where it was just that it was in front of a hotel. We'd like to do a visit to a beach for most of the day and would appreciate recommendations.

We liked Crane beach but it was a little rough for what we are looking for this trip.

Don't really care about lockers, bars...a restaurant or snack shop might be nice but not necessary. Just looking for a beautiful, relaxing, soft sand beach to lay out on, play paddleball, and float in the water all day.

Accra Beach on the South Coast.. or Paynes Bay on the West Coast would also be choices, depending on which side of the island you want to be on.

The beach at Paynes Bay (the section accross from the Coach House is where I recommend) seems to have erroded in the last little while.. but it's still a great place to hang out for the day. Coach House has drinks stall and food service there. Nice long walks will take you up past Sandy Lane Hotel and down a little ways as well.

Accra Beach at this point is a flatter and wider beach.. Plenty of places to sit, and relax.. and plenty of place to have lunch and a drink.

Good Luck.

Thanks Sunnie, we'll have to try the one you recommended. Does it get pretty crowded there?

We really want to find Christopher, gosh I wish I knew his last name. You really can't help me in any way?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! we just got back from Barbados and I have to tell you it was BY FAR the best day of our cruise. We rented a moke($85) for the day and we went all over. The roads are confusing, but we were able to get everywhere we wanted to. The local folks were very friendly and always pointed us in the right direction. We ended up at a few beaches. We spent the most time near Worthing on a beach there. I don't know the name of the beach, sorry. I liked it because no one tried to sell us anything, it wasn't overly crowded and the water was beautiful.

Having the car for the day was great! all the freedom we needed after being herded around on some of the regular excursions. Hope this helps

Patty

Archived