Has anyone done the winery tour from Korcula?

margbem

We did this in June and I thought it was great. We are wine geeks, so were not expecting much wine-wise, but were impressed. Our tour guide was wonderful, the country is beautiful and each winery was friendly. It also included a "light lunch" which in reality was several courses... Two of the wineries were very small, and family run. One was a bit larger, but still small compared to some of the large Napa operations.

My husband and I both thought it was totally worthwhile... we even came home with a few bottles!

http://FloridaKeysGirl.com

Thanks Florida Keys Girl! Did you do any other excursions? Any advice on what not to miss? This will be a completely new part of the world for us (except Venice) so we look forward to seeing different places!

Margaret

This was the only excursion that we did, so I can;t comment on others... for the rest of the trip we mostly wandered around the ports... We were badly in need of some downtime, so wandering aimlessly worked great for us!

When we were in Lipari it was Sunday and a lot was closed; next time in corfu I would take a taxi to the beach as there is not too much to see in town - a lot of souvenir shops; Rovinj was a really lovely town also - nice walk to the park, or you can rent bikes right on the pier...

It was a great trip! You'll love it!

http://FloridaKeysGirl.com

Archived