What to do with in GC with a 3 and 6 yo??

Tax Wizard

We will be visiting GC next month with our girls, who are 3 and 6. When my wife and I last visited in 2003, we did a tour of Stingray City and had a blast!! Unfortunately, I think the girls are still too small to really enjoy it so we are looking for some other ideas on what to do.

Another option would be for us to simpy hop on a cab and spend a few hours at Seven Mile Beach. If we did that, where would be an ideal spot for kids??

Any advice from families who have visited GC with small kids would be greatly appreciated.

We will be visiting GC next month with our girls, who are 3 and 6. When my wife and I last visited in 2003, we did a tour of Stingray City and had a blast!! Unfortunately, I think the girls are still too small to really enjoy it so we are looking for some other ideas on what to do.

Another option would be for us to simpy hop on a cab and spend a few hours at Seven Mile Beach. If we did that, where would be an ideal spot for kids??

Any advice from families who have visited GC with small kids would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely take them to the turtle farm. They can actually pet and hold small yearling turtles. It is something, im sure, they will absolutely love. The place is kind of small, so dont plan on an entire day there. Maybe do the turtles early, then beach/lunch in the afternoon.

I sound like i work for them or something, but seriously think about the island tour with Capt. Marvin's. They do the turtle farm, among a few other things that you guys would enjoy im sure.

Definitely take them to the turtle farm. They can actually pet and hold small yearling turtles. It is something, im sure, they will absolutely love. The place is kind of small, so dont plan on an entire day there. Maybe do the turtles early, then beach/lunch in the afternoon.

I sound like i work for them or something, but seriously think about the island tour with Capt. Marvin's. They do the turtle farm, among a few other things that you guys would enjoy im sure.

Thanks for the advice; it does sound like something the girls would enjoy!!Does the turtle farm have a beach on its premises and do you happen to know where it is situated in relation to Seven Mile Beach?

Captain Marvin's is great, we toured Stingray City with them back in 2003 and had an awesome time!!

well I guess everyone is different. If read so many reports of people thinking that the rays were not kid friendly but we took my 2.5 yr old dd to with capt marvin and she loved it!!! The snorkling spot after was too rough for anyone that day. I second the turtle farm, we all really enjoyed it. I'd think about 1.5 hrs would be a nice amount of time there with 2 little ones that age. The dolphin discovery place is across the street from the turtles. There might be something you could do there with them as well.

Have fun!!

Thanks for the advice; it does sound like something the girls would enjoy!!Does the turtle farm have a beach on its premises and do you happen to know where it is situated in relation to Seven Mile Beach?

Captain Marvin's is great, we toured Stingray City with them back in 2003 and had an awesome time!!

There is a small man made beach (Boatswain's) and lagoon. The lagoon has a cement bottom. Some folks snorkel there.

it's at the "West End", about nine miles from Georgetown. Maybe there's a shuttle bus?

http://www.caymanturtlefarm.com/

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/

• 3 weeks later...

I think the kids would love Stingray Sandbar. We just got back and took our kids age 3 and 17 months, and they had a great time. We went with Rowan Watersports and they were great with the kids! They do not charge for kids under age 4. My son was a little bit nervous about the snorkelling part of the excursion, so he stayed on the boat with our tour guide. www.rowanwatersports.com you can ask for Polo, he was fantastic!

Archived