Bourbon Orleans

llist

Has anyone ever stayed at the Bourbon Orleans hotel? Looking at it for a post cruise stay. Pretty good reviews on trip advisor but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has been to it.

Here is a picture of the Bourbon Orleans:

2742839550104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

We stayed there this past summer(not cruise related).

The most important thing: When you make your reservations ask for courtyard views. The outside views face Bourbon Street across from popular bars and can get loud noise/ music etc.

We would stay there again. It is an excellent location.

1/2 block to Bourbon Street, 1/2 block to Royal St.

Maybe 2 short blocks to Jackson Square. Out the front door, across the street you will find this place:

2318389090104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

We did not eat there but several people said the food was good. We did get some wine by the glass that was $6.00

Also in a large glass.

Here is their courtyard:

2616843350104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

Interior shot:

2642462700104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

I'll check back here if you have any other questions.

JimmyJames

PS> Here is a shot at the corner of Royal st. and Orleans. 1/2 block away:

2940461050104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

i forgot to ask... did you find the rooms to be clean... i've read several reviews that the carpets were stained everywhere and peeling paint and wallpaper... i try to take those reviews with a grain of salt because it is an older, quaint it seems hotel. What kind of room did you have and what did you think of it

I stayed there many times back in the late 1980's and recently returned there for 4 nights last summer. We got a great rate, but they do charge $34 per day for valet parking (their only option). Most of the hotel was in great condition. Our room was on the 6th (top) floor overlooking Bourbon Street. Their was paint peeling in the room, worn carpet, water stains on the ceiling and walls around the windows. We chalked it up to they put us in the worst room in the hotel because we paid so little for the room. Our friends had a couryard view room on the 2nd floor and their room was in great condition.

We would definitely stay there again because of the location, but we would probably request a different floor. Also, there was no noise the first three nights and we slept well. On the last night we were there (Saturday), the clubs on the street level turn the volume all the way up and the walls and windows shook until the wee hours. Because of this, I would recommend a courtyard view room.

i forgot to ask... did you find the rooms to be clean... i've read several reviews that the carpets were stained everywhere and peeling paint and wallpaper... i try to take those reviews with a grain of salt because it is an older, quaint it seems hotel. What kind of room did you have and what did you think of it

I personally do not look for defects. IT IS A HOTEL ROOM!!!

We had a court yard view room, got it for $89.00 for one night. I may have used a 'locals code'. don't remember.

If you look for stains, peeling paint, peeling wall paper, of course you will find it.

Yes it is an older, quaint hotel. The building/hotel is very old, but that is part of the charm.

You are staying in the French Quarters, in New Orleans.

Hello!!!!!, you just got off a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Triumph, to ports of call in the Caribbean.

Enjoy your cruise and stay in New Orleans.

New Orleans is like no other city in the USA>

Yes, I was born and (as they say) "raised up in the city".

One more thought. It is said that the property is also haunted. Who knows. We did not see any ghost or orbs, but we were not looking.

JimmyJames

Has anyone ever stayed at the Bourbon Orleans hotel? Looking at it for a post cruise stay. Pretty good reviews on trip advisor but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has been to it.

Hi llist,

I second jimjamxx. We have stayed many times in the French Quarter and the Bourbon Orleans is a favorite of ours. The hotel and staff are wonderful. The hotel's location is centrally located as it borders Bourbon St., is right across the street from St. Louis Catheral, and only a couple blocks from Cafe Du Monde.

We booked different types of rooms during each visit. Our favorite was one of the suites that come with a balcony but another time we stayed on the 6th floor, the same as robtx100.

Keep in mind that if you plan on going to bed early, you will find that the rooms that face Bourbon St. will "thump" nicely until about 2-3:00 AM when things start to quiet down. If you're a light sleeper then the suggestion to get a courtyard view room is a good one. However, if you are planning on partying like a rock star and not going to bed anytime soon, whenever you wake up the views and sounds of the French Quarter streets are fabulous. This is especially true if you book a room with a balcony view and will sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. :D

Hope this helps,

Jorge

thanks everyone for the information... i have booked a courtyard room... i don't look for defects either jimjamxx just questioning some of the reviews i've read... figured i'd ask.. didn't expect to be yelled at... but i appreciate everyone's information... very excited about my cruise and yes lsu2fan we do intend to party like rock stars with friends we rarely see who are cruising with us lol... one last hurrah with them before going back home :) i think we are also gonna do the ghost tour lol... the guys in our group are excited about that

thanks everyone for the information... i have booked a courtyard room... i don't look for defects either jimjamxx just questioning some of the reviews i've read... figured i'd ask.. didn't expect to be yelled at... but i appreciate everyone's information... very excited about my cruise and yes lsu2fan we do intend to party like rock stars with friends we rarely see who are cruising with us lol... one last hurrah with them before going back home :) i think we are also gonna do the ghost tour lol... the guys in our group are excited about that

I am so sorry that I "yelled" at you. I did not mean any harm. Miss Charlotte(wife) has always said I have a loud voice.

Please consider it as my loud voice. I guess it was a knee-jerk(emphasis on jerk[me]) reaction.

When I read here on, CC posters complaining about carpets, rust on balcony s, stains, etc on their cruise, It kind of gets to me.

I keep thinking you are on a cruise having a good time, and I don't have the time or energy to look for faults.

Please accept my sincere apology.

JimmyJames

PS> If you any more questions about New Orleans, French Quarter, Bourbon Orleans please ask, and I will do my best to help. Of course, I don't blame you if you send me and this post into cyberspace, never to return.(lol)

We stayed there every year during Mardi Gras, since my DH and my DS are both in the Krewe of Carrollton. The location is FANTASTIC. Kind of on the edge of all the noise, though as mentioned the street side rooms can be loud. Each room is different from the next, both in decor, layout and size. Vast differences from one room to the next. Yes there is often peeling paint and even sometimes a bit of mildew around the windows. It's humid city there. Many of the hotels, especially the older ones, have the same issues.

This used to be an orphanage and also a hospital during the Civil war. Supposedly several children died there during the yellow fever epidemic. Ghosts and cold spots abound, but nothing reported w/ any malicious intents. It's my favorite place to stay when in NOLA. I never saw anything exciting though. But it is w/in walking distance of everyplace you'd want to go. Have a lucky dog for me.

I am so sorry that I "yelled" at you. I did not mean any harm. Miss Charlotte(wife) has always said I have a loud voice.

Please consider it as my loud voice. I guess it was a knee-jerk(emphasis on jerk[me]) reaction.

When I read here on, CC posters complaining about carpets, rust on balcony s, stains, etc on their cruise, It kind of gets to me.

I keep thinking you are on a cruise having a good time, and I don't have the time or energy to look for faults.

Please accept my sincere apology.

JimmyJames

PS> If you any more questions about New Orleans, French Quarter, Bourbon Orleans please ask, and I will do my best to help. Of course, I don't blame you if you send me and this post into cyberspace, never to return.(lol)

no worries... thank you for your apology... i too get soo tired of all the complainers about such things ;) .. i'm seriously counting down the days till we leave :) I've been to New Orleans once before years ago and loved it and can't wait to go back :) ... thanks again for the information and btw your pictures were great :)

llist,

I love your spirit. But as one that loves to see folks come down to our neck of the woods and have a great time here are three can't do's for you, but especially for the guys in your party:

:D You don't climb the balcony posts, please.

:) Don't EVER mess with the policeman and policewoman's horse. You can pet them but if the officer tells you "that's enough" please listen and heed.

:eek: And last, some visitors especially guys after a few beers, may feel that they can use the bathroom anywhere. Not only are there uniformed patrols but also undercover officers walking the French Quarter as a part of keeping the peace and ensuring our safety. If they see anyone doing this, they will arrest them, no questions asked. :mad:

New Orleans has a different charm and feel from any other city. As you can imagine, a few folks come down and think that anything goes. Well, they're right up to a point. To some on these boards all of the above comments seem elemental, and they are. I sincerely hope that you or others do not feel that I'm being presumptous but sometimes folks do get carried away and my thoughts are that it's better to be forewarned than sorry.

Glad to have you and yours down, welcome.

Jorge

We were in NOLA this past September & loved it! What a fascinating city! It felt like being in another country. We're planning another trip, longer this time, to NOLA & have been considering both the Bourbon Orleans hotel & the Dauphine Orleans hotel for their location & reputation of being haunted. We have a 16 yr old who thinks staying at a haunted hotel would be amazing. Last time, we stayed at the Drury Inn which was great but we'd like a little more flavor this time. Any advice on which might be preferable?

Thank you for your input!

llist,

I love your spirit. But as one that loves to see folks come down to our neck of the woods and have a great time here are three can't do's for you, but especially for the guys in your party:

:D You don't climb the balcony posts, please.

:) Don't EVER mess with the policeman and policewoman's horse. You can pet them but if the officer tells you "that's enough" please listen and heed.

:eek: And last, some visitors especially guys after a few beers, may feel that they can use the bathroom anywhere. Not only are there uniformed patrols but also undercover officers walking the French Quarter as a part of keeping the peace and ensuring our safety. If they see anyone doing this, they will arrest them, no questions asked. :mad:

New Orleans has a different charm and feel from any other city. As you can imagine, a few folks come down and think that anything goes. Well, they're right up to a point. To some on these boards all of the above comments seem elemental, and they are. I sincerely hope that you or others do not feel that I'm being presumptous but sometimes folks do get carried away and my thoughts are that it's better to be forewarned than sorry.

Glad to have you and yours down, welcome.

Jorge

lol.. thanks for the tips Jorge... no worries about any of that from us... i can see my friend trying to earn some beads but thats about it lol.. we're gonna live it up but within limits ;) ... oh.... thought i'd throw this out there... my friend was thinking there have got to be some pretty good tattoo artists in NOLA... anyone have any suggestions... might be fun to get another one while we're there :)

Archived