Past Dawn Passengers Please Help

Gail706

Have been considering Dawn out of New York, but can't get past my fear of leaving New York in the winter. NCL claims that the next morning your already in a warm climate . Is this true? I would hate to lose a day of good weather in each direction. Anyone who has taken this trip, please let me know your experience and recommendations. Thanks.

we just got off the dawn. basically, by mid day of the first sea day (monday), you are able to walk outside without a jacket/sweatshirt. by the afternoon i put on shorts. the pools and hot tubs are heated. it really depends on whether or not the sun is out or overcast. if the sun is out and strong, you should be fine by mid day monday. if overcast, late monday and certainly early tuesday when arriving in florida

=andy

Agree with Andy, just got off the Dawn yesterday (sob!). Can't guarantee suntanning weather, but it was ok to walk around. We had two windy days (down and back) which made it harder but it was still nice. I think it all depends on how you feel about avoiding the expense and hassle of having to fly.

Have been considering Dawn out of New York, but can't get past my fear of leaving New York in the winter. NCL claims that the next morning your already in a warm climate . Is this true? I would hate to lose a day of good weather in each direction. Anyone who has taken this trip, please let me know your experience and recommendations. Thanks.

Gail

As much as I like the Dawn I woulld not fly to NYC to from IL in the winter to take the cruise. If you are coming to NYC for a per or post cruise visit that is another story.

If you have to get on a plane you might as well fly to San Jaun or FL. and be certain of better day one weather. No sense risking flying from one winter nightmare airport to another.

Archived