coral breezes tropical island escape

willowbilly

You get the chips & salsa after snorkeling & after your time in the water, they are the best snack imaginable.

Then you go to Caye Caulker for a great local lunch.

The above is assuming that you are going with Coral Breeze Tours ?

Bill in FL

Is it worth the extra 6.00 for the lunch or can we just find our own lunch on the island? I am talking about the Coral Breeze snorkel tour to Caulker Cay.

Im going on this same excursion next week. When I booked it I kinda thought that its not the $6 im worried about, its what am I gonna get for the $6 bones. I would rather grab a bite on my own and if its cheaper then BONUS. But if its more than I got exactly what I wanted. Really how much more could it be? $10ish maybe?

I'd say that it is well worth the $6 PP as you do not have to look around to find a decent meal on Caye Caulker & consider the timing with Coral Breeze getting you all back ahead of the last tender. We have always stuck with the local stewed chicked with beans & rice which IMHO is great ! There are several other options, or you could order from their menu. There are no fast foods places on Caye Caulker & everything is cooked to order. When you preorder your meal & it is dropped off it will be ready when you return from snorkeling, with almost no wait time. This lunch is probably your best bet for trying local food at a rather unique place, Caye Caulker.

Is it worth the extra 6.00 for the lunch or can we just find our own lunch on the island? I am talking about the Coral Breeze snorkel tour to Caulker Cay.

I'd say that it is well worth the $6 PP as you do not have to look around to find a decent meal on Caye Caulker & consider the timing with Coral Breeze getting you all back ahead of the last tender. We have always stuck with the local stewed chicked with beans & rice which IMHO is great ! There are several other options, or you could order from their menu. There are no fast foods places on Caye Caulker & everything is cooked to order. When you preorder your meal & it is dropped off it will be ready when you return from snorkeling, with almost no wait time. This lunch is probably your best bet for trying local food at a rather unique place, Caye Caulker.
What else is available to eat on the island? I'd like to sit at a bar or restaurant and have a cold beer and a lobster tail!

I normally do not like to post negative things that could hurt a company, but if I had know then what I do now it would have been extremely helpful. Our fist time to Belize was 3 years ago. We pre booked an excursion with Coral Breeze. When we arrived it was cloudy and misty. We met with the company and they informed us they were not going out because of the poor weather and canceled the trip. Next to Coral Breeze was a company called ecotours. The individual from ecotours told us they do a similar tour to Caye Caulker and were still planning to go that day. He assured us that frequently in Belize the mornings are cloudy and by afternoon in Caye Caulker it clears up. We thought it was BS and maybe it is, but we agreed to go and sure enough it was a beautiful day by the time the excursion started. We had a good time on the tour. Turn the clock forward 3 years and we again book with Coral Breeze to try something different. The excursion was scheduled to leave at 10:00. We arrived early checked in and paid. Then we waited and waited and waited. It was after 10:30 by the time we began boarding the boat. My vacation time is important to me. The boat took us to Caye Caulker where they got off and got some food for the rays. It ended up being after noon by the time we got out to the snorkeling spot. We proceeded to snorkel for no longer than 1/2 hour and reboarded the boat. Next we went to Shark Ray Alley and spent another 20 minutes max in the water. We reboarded the boat and headed in for lunch. Due to running late, we had less than one hour on the island for lunch and exploration. The lunch was okay, but not near as good as the lunch we had with ecotours 3 years ago. Coral Breeze just did not seem organized and we spent more time sitting around than enjoying the tour. If ecotours is the same as 3 years ago, I would go with them hands down. You find them by seaching google for ecotours belize. I have no connection with them, I was just extremely disappointed in our Coral Breeze tour.

I normally do not like to post negative things that could hurt a company, but if I had know then what I do now it would have been extremely helpful. Our fist time to Belize was 3 years ago. We pre booked an excursion with Coral Breeze. When we arrived it was cloudy and misty. We met with the company and they informed us they were not going out because of the poor weather and canceled the trip. Next to Coral Breeze was a company called ecotours. The individual from ecotours told us they do a similar tour to Caye Caulker and were still planning to go that day. He assured us that frequently in Belize the mornings are cloudy and by afternoon in Caye Caulker it clears up. We thought it was BS and maybe it is, but we agreed to go and sure enough it was a beautiful day by the time the excursion started. We had a good time on the tour. Turn the clock forward 3 years and we again book with Coral Breeze to try something different. The excursion was scheduled to leave at 10:00. We arrived early checked in and paid. Then we waited and waited and waited. It was after 10:30 by the time we began boarding the boat. My vacation time is important to me. The boat took us to Caye Caulker where they got off and got some food for the rays. It ended up being after noon by the time we got out to the snorkeling spot. We proceeded to snorkel for no longer than 1/2 hour and reboarded the boat. Next we went to Shark Ray Alley and spent another 20 minutes max in the water. We reboarded the boat and headed in for lunch. Due to running late, we had less than one hour on the island for lunch and exploration. The lunch was okay, but not near as good as the lunch we had with ecotours 3 years ago. Coral Breeze just did not seem organized and we spent more time sitting around than enjoying the tour. If ecotours is the same as 3 years ago, I would go with them hands down. You find them by seaching google for ecotours belize. I have no connection with them, I was just extremely disappointed in our Coral Breeze tour.
Oh well, I already made a deposit. I hope we have better luck with them.

Belize lobster is good. I think the lobster on the ship is much better. It will cost a bit more than a local chicken plate. It is also seasonal. You can eat well for under 10 us just maybe not lobster. you can get a shrimp stick for under 5us on the way to the Split.

• 1 month later...

We have booked 4 times with Coral Breeze - several different water tours and have not been disappointed with them - ever.

My thoughts are that CB waited for people tendering from the ships that's couldn't get on the first couple of tenders. (right or wrong - I guess if they were waiting for me to get off the ship - right; if I was waiting to leave because you couldn't get off the ship timely - wrong).

We also really love the restaurant on Caye Caulker that they use for lunch. We've ordered the $6 lunch and it was good - and well worth $6US. We have also only used CB for a trip to Caye Caulker with no snorkeling and sat at that restaurant and ate lobster shish kabobs and Belikin beer (6 for $10US). Wonderful.

Another time we rented a golf cart and rode around on the little dirt roads stopping here and there.

Again, we have always had good times and great customer service from CB.

Sorry your trip was not as you had hoped.

Kathy

phantomII - Loved to know how it goes with Coral Breeze. We are booked with them in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Everything went well with the tour. We were maybe 15 minutes late leaving the pier in Belize, not bad. It is a very long ride to Caye Caulker, about 45 minutes. The snorkeling was good. At the second stop we were surrounded by sting rays and a nurse shark was swimming right around us. I also saw and photographed a barracuda that was about 2 feet long. We did not pay for or eat the lunch they had available but rather walked around the island a little bit and found our own lunch place.

The same thing happened to us and we had no time to see anything on Key Caulker

381513520_Legend601.jpg.88d9c1055417661ed8ddd358ec8ca4e6.jpg

Archived