Best Cloud 9 Spa balcony cabin on Splendor

js4rq

@ LHP - I hear 1116 and 1117 are somewhat bigger than the other balcony cabins. Did you get the chance to compare the balcony cabins?

@IloveMangoes - perhaps you can look into the pricing and brands of beers. Also mocktails they have available, if any ;)

We stayed in 1101 when we sailed on Splendor and loved it. The Spa deck was very secluded and we barely saw another person. You just had to walk a a few feet to access the spa and the lido deck was a short walk down our hall, out the door on the end and down a few steps. It was all very pleasant and convenient.

The only minor issues - on one night there were (for some reason) kids up on the serenity deck who basically drove us off our balcony by throwing those hard candies you get from the sundries store down onto us - the balconies do just out a bit and anyone leaning over the serenity section will see you. Also at certain times people will decide to have a smoke up there along the railing above, causing nasty, caustic smells. This was only really an issue at sail away times, however and I don't think we've ever fully escaped smokers while on our balcony regardless of the deck or cabin we have had on any ship.

Overall I'd recommend the Spa deck over the Panorama. It has a feeling of exclusivity about it and there's no long hallways to walk down to your room.

Both my wife and I have missed Cloud 9 like CRAZY because our last two cruises have just worked out as Spirit cruises. Splendor is our favourite ship and the thalasotherapy pool and aromatherapy steam rooms are no small part of this.

Last February, my wife and I had cabin 1112. It was very nice and quiet. As someone else posted, people on the serenity area above can see directly into the balcony. We got some great views of the Arch, whales, dolphins and flying fish from our balcony

Archived