Please help us to choose excursion!

lallarebecca

Hello!

I´m going on a cruise with my mother in June. Our second stop will be Barbados, and now I need all your tips on what to do and what is worth spending the limited time on, and maybe also what to miss out on??

I´m 28 years, my mother is 59 years. We both enjoy snorkeling and the sea, and I really enjoy seeing locations that are not the most touristic, but still do not want to miss out on "the must-sees" that are often quite crowded and popular among tourists. We love animals, but prefer to not see them in cage or in unnatural environsments.

We are going with Carnival, and I have been loking at their tours that they offer. Has someone got something to say about those that I´ll mention below? Are there better ones? What about the prices? Should we book with Carnival or do you have ideas and contact-info to local tourist-companies that offer the same/similar things to another price?

So here are the excursions I´ve been looking at:

Five Star Catamaran & Turtle Encounter

Don’t miss this opportunity to experience a luxurious catamaran cruise through the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean, while enjoying food, drinks, fantastic scenery, great snorkeling and even a swim with fascinating sea turtles!

This exceptional excursion includes:

• A stop along the coastline in a sheltered bay where you will have the opportunity to swim in the clear Caribbean waters or join the instructors for a snorkel expedition over a reef.
  • A buffet lunch that will be served onboard as you make your way to your next stop, featuring fascinating wild green and hakwsbill sea turtles.
  • A stroll on a powder-soft beach awaits you before reboarding the catamaran and then relax and enjoy as you unwind on the return sail.

Note: Itinerary may vary based on the prevailing weather and sea conditions.

Snorkeling equipment and instruction included.

5,5 h. $ 100 p.p.

OR:

Tiami Sail, Turtles & Beach

Leave your cares behind and sail away aboard a sleek and spacious catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

• Enjoy Barbados’ scenic coastline as you sail through the crystal waters.
  • Anchor in a sheltered bay to swim and snorkel among peaceful families of Green and Hawksbill Turtles.
  • Move on to another bay where the catamaran can glide right on to the shore.
  • Take a stroll on the soft sand or take a refreshing dip in the ocean.
  • Enjoy complimentary cocktails as you bask in the sunshine or sit in the shade, enjoying the tranquil ambiance and beautiful scenery.

Note: Snorkel equipment and instruction are included; limited availability of snorkeling equipment for children (over 4 years old).

Turtle sightings are usual, but cannot be guaranteed. Visits are subject to sea and weather conditions and shipwreck snorkeling at a premium site may be substituted.

The order of the excursion may also be changed.

4,5 h. $ 70 p.p.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca

Just got back on Monday from Carnival cruise, and I just had to write about the most amazing excursion company. I have done many cruises and many excursion, but the quality of service on this one was beyond what we expected. We did the Silvermoon cruise snorkel and turtle excursion. It was amazing. They only take 12 people so you are not all jammed, there is so much room. The crew brought new meaning to customer service. Stacey (or captain) and her partner Tony made sure we had a good time. The open bar was plentiful, the lunch was amazing. I would strongly recomend this company and this excurion to anyone going to Barbados! I have added they website.

http://silvermoonbarbados.com/

Archived