Where to take a 3 and 7 year old?

alcie

We're visiting St. Martin for the first time in July sailing on FOS. I'm not sure where to take our girls because the little one is too young for most water sports being that she'll only be 3. My hubby and older daughter would love something water related though so I'm wondering if there are any beaches that are toddler friendly and any safe touristy spots where we could take both girls?

Is the snorkeling any good at Le Galion Beach? Are there any other family friendly beaches that have good snorkeling?

No not in March when we went but it is a nice beach though. I can't really think of a beach that has consistently good snorkeling.

No not in March when we went but it is a nice beach though. I can't really think of a beach that has consistently good snorkeling.

Thanks for the tip. We are also going to St. Thomas and Nassau so we may find a good place for snorkeling yet.

N.

Pinel Island would fit both requests for kid friendly and good snorkeling. The sand bar on the beach where the chairs and umbrellas are set up has very shallow water where you and your children can play. I've walked way out into water that doesn't get much above your ankles. My daughter was 6 the first time that we went there and she loved it. She's 13 now and still does.

Pinel also offers about the best snorkeling that you can do on St. Martin without a boat. Walk the little path to the south from where the water taxi drops you off and there is a buoy enclosed area where beginning snorkelers can practice. Just outside of that is a nice reef where you can see the various fish.

Snorkeling at Galion Beach isn't much. The water is shallow and calm though... My wife and I would sometimes leave our daughter with "Nana and Poppy" while we took the relatively short hike over to Orient Beach.

Bill

Archived