Db ?

I am starting to get nervous...only 58 days until my daughters wedding. Next Saturday we go to DB to get a bustle and final alterations on her gown. My question is, has anyone purchased formal gowns at DB online and then asked them to do alterations at the store? I purchased some really cute gowns for my daughters and I to wear on one of the formal nights, but they are too long. They have a chiffon overlay and although I am a good seamstress, I lack the confidence to hem them.

Looks like we will close to 35 guests about 20 sailing and 15 non-sailing. :)

I am starting to get nervous...only 58 days until my daughters wedding. Next Saturday we go to DB to get a bustle and final alterations on her gown. My question is, has anyone purchased formal gowns at DB online and then asked them to do alterations at the store? I purchased some really cute gowns for my daughters and I to wear on one of the formal nights, but they are too long. They have a chiffon overlay and although I am a good seamstress, I lack the confidence to hem them.

I've been told by several people that you can have DB alterations done if you order anything from their online collection. I would just call your loacl DB to confirm.

I can feel your excitement!

I got my dress from the DB store so had them do my alterations also. The alterations were pretty expensive- $120 for a bustle. If you have a local seamstress that you trust, that may be a better/more economical choice... That said, DB did a great job with my bustle and they're going to press it for me once I get to Miami.

Well found my confidence this morning and hemmed the formal gowns for my daughters. They each had at least one liner, one actually had two linings. They turned out very nice. So glad I decided to DIY those myself. Not willing to try putting in a bustle though! Maybe will be able to do that by the time the youngest gets married! LOL

Archived