BARBADOS 8th APRIL (Opera 2nd April) FUN IN THE SUN

czechmate

Hi folks

Can now give some brief info for the last Caribbean island.

Company offer us 2 tours.

Each is in an air conditioned coach and lasts approx 3hr 30 min.iminimum.

20 persons needed.

English speaking guide. {We have that for all island}.

Tour 1. Best of Barbados $ 32.50 per person

A scenic tour with 3 main calls. They say marvellous photo opportunities.

Visit Gun Hill Signal Station, Orchid World and Harrisons Cave

Tour 2. Islands Highlights. $ 22.50 per person.

A scenic tour with 3 main calls. Francia Plantation House, St. Johns Parish Church and Andromeda Gardens

Any interest? We will have to choose one only

My personal reference for what it is worth is No.1. I can post ALL the info the company have given me if people are interested.

Those who have been to Barbados before might like to suggest their recommendation! I would be grateful.

Thanks to the brilliant info Robyn gave (see St. Thomas thread) it can be seen these prices are a good saving on ships tours!! Roll Up! Roll Up! Going cheap. Limited Offer only!! :-)

Our schedule time in Brbados. Arrive 7.00 Depart 14.00

:)We want to thank everyone for all the input on info that has been given, it has been GREAT I look forward to reading the site to pick up :D tit bits.........:D

it is on my daily reading list. How many days until we leave?:confused:

Hi folks

Can now give some brief info for the last Caribbean island.

Company offer us 2 tours.

Each is in an air conditioned coach and lasts approx 3hr 30 min.iminimum.

20 persons needed.

English speaking guide. {We have that for all island}.

Tour 1. Best of Barbados $ 32.50 per person

A scenic tour with 3 main calls. They say marvellous photo opportunities.

Visit Gun Hill Signal Station, Orchid World and Harrisons Cave

Tour 2. Islands Highlights. $ 22.50 per person.

A scenic tour with 3 main calls. Francia Plantation House, St. Johns Parish Church and Andromeda Gardens

Any interest? We will have to choose one only

My personal reference for what it is worth is No.1. I can post ALL the info the company have given me if people are interested.

Those who have been to Barbados before might like to suggest their recommendation! I would be grateful.

Thanks to the brilliant info Robyn gave (see St. Thomas thread) it can be seen these prices are a good saving on ships tours!! Roll Up! Roll Up! Going cheap. Limited Offer only!! :-)

Our schedule time in Brbados. Arrive 7.00 Depart 14.00

This is what the tour company provided

Gun Hill Signal Station. located in the parish of St Georges provides magnificent and captivating views of the entire island. The finest of one of a string of signal stations built in 1818 to warn of approaching vessels. The signal station has been restored and landscaped by Barbados Government and houses a collection of military memorabilia.

Orchid World as the name implies beauty, elegance, sophistication. You will be surrounded by a collection of spectacular array of treasured blooms. A meandering path takes you throuzgh outcrops or coral, rock gardens, shady gullies and ponds. Hummingbirds and the soothing sounds of running water all add to the beauty of the natural terrain.

Harrisons Cave a magnificent natural phenomenon in a class of its own. Formed from a particularly beautiful type of crytalized lime stone this stunning cavern is undoubtedly one of the most spectacular natural attractions in the entire caribbean. Ride on a tram with routine stops to view the spectacular lighted beauty of the magnificent chambers and incredible stalactities and stalagmites some joined to form "pillars", bubbling streams, tumbling cascades. One stop is at the lowest point where a cascading waterfalls tumbles into an emerald pool.

...........................................................................................

Well folks it is now over to you.

Hi Barry - just so you can continue with arrangements, I think you can count me "out" of the Barbados tour.

Not that I don't want to spend time with you wonderful folks, but I've visited before and it is also a port of call on my 'Aurora' voyage Southampton to Sydney in January 2006....but that's another story to bore you with onboard :D

Aye, aye, Barry,

we are not in for a tour in/on Barbados. Our first time there and we like to explore, discover Bridgetown on our own.

It's only til 14:00 h. that's a pitty. Or.. we have to take the captain with us and release him at about 18:00 h.:D

Henri.

Thank you sincerely. Quite understand people will want to do their own thing and enjoy the islands in their own way.

I promised I would do what I could to find out the info and it is there if people would like to use it or not - and save money on the ships tour prices.

I only wish to be fair to the companies and let them know a.s.a.p. - if we are not going to do the tours.

Hi Czechmate:

Like Robyn I wanted to keep you posted. We also have been to Barbados more than once on cruise ships. We are thinking of taking a ferry to Virgin Gorda to the bathes. We were there once before but swimming through caves with only slits of light is awesome. Of course, this is if we have enough time. But again thank you "my angel" for your fantastic hard work on our behalf.

Carol we will have lots of other times to share company (starting at Goosbys) so it is fine.

For me it has been really interesting gathering all the bits together and I have to say all the companies I have dealt with have gone all the way to try and help.

We also wouldn't join this tripn, but would be very pleased if we could join the two other tours. We read on the net that it's possible to take cheap busses on Barbados and visit nice things on your own.

G&C

Archived